Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2007 2:12:08 PM EDT
greetings to you, I am up on Long Isl.,my  travel time is appox 3 hour 1 way. looked at the show web site and they claim 400 tables with quite a mix of goods for sale
I am interested in ww1,ww11 military rifles and parts ... I like picking over jumbled tables for "stuff" and doing the "make a deal" thing...any one ever go to this show ? If so , comments and suggestions are requested and welcome, I found a lot of hotels listed on the show site, but a nice beer/steak place would help also......
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, 3 hrs is too far for any gunshow (except maybe the SHOT Show or Knob Creek).  VF isn't THAT good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't go the the VF show just for military stuff.  Go to Forks of the Delaware in Allentown.  It is like a military museum and everything is for sale.  All antique and military.  Not much modern stuff and it is a very large show.  Worth 3 hours if that is what you are into.  You will be like a kid in a candy shop!
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to hijack, but I'm looking for a stripped lower for an ar15, about an hour drive for me.  Are they gonna have a bunch of these for sale?
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Agreed, 3 hrs is too far for any gunshow (except maybe the SHOT Show or Knob Creek).  VF isn't THAT good.

Remeber back in the day when the VF show was 2 floors?  Those were the days.
Back to the VF show, I really cannot say if it is worth it or not.  Anymore I find almost everything I want on the internet and usually at better prices.  I'll go to the show to actually "see" the item Im looking for and to see if its what I thought it would be.  If its what I want I do the cost thing.  If its worth it at the show, I'll get it, if not I'll go home and order it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remeber back in the day when the VF show was 2 floors?  Those were the days.

Yeah, those were the good old days.  Before the VFCC kicked out the shows, allegedly because they wanted to focus on computer shows (but in actuality they didn't like the gunshows).  Then everybody went to the Ft. Washington show.  Then VF allowed gunshows again ... don't think we'll ever see 2 floors at VF again though.  Sigh.

Justin
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
the last show i went to i save a lot on mags and ammo, bro you dont live in a free state like me, take the ride and injoy your self for the day of freedom,you can look at the gun you cant have in NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top