BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 3:28:41 PM EDT
Place: Indoor pistol range www.DoubleAction.org
Date:  Sunday March 19th
Time: 12pm-6pm
Sponsored by the guys at www.therallypoint.org

It will only cost you $10 if you are there between 12pm-3pm  and $15 per hour from 3pm-6pm.  I've made special arrangements for to bend the rules on bringing ammo.  You are allowed to bring your own ammo as long as it is no reloads, no wolf and no blazers.   No calibers above 44 Magnum and velocities must be below 2000fps.  Ammo will be inspected when entering the range.   I promised the owners that nobody would bring reloads or steel case ammo, so please don't attempt to sneak anything in.  Double Action will have ammo, targets, glasses, ear plugs ect. but ammo costs are $11 on up from 9mm-44mag.

Event Theme:

I'll ask everyone to bring your CCW and HD gun and any cool things you have for them (as long as they don't violated shooting range rules).

These shoots are pretty darn close to being gun shows so you are more than welcome to show off.  Please mark all of your gear and accessories so people do not get things confused.   There will be snacks and drinks available and I'll work on getting some kind of lunch deal worked out.

Please from various gun boards will be coming.  We have a pretty big following on :
www.thefiringline.com
www.Falfiles.com
www.AR15.com
www.AKfiles.com
www.ambackforum.com
www.therallypoint.org

Please let me know if you have any questions!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me first say thanks for setting up this type of shoot.  I am sure a lot of hard work has gone into organizing this event.

Do you know what Double Action's hang up is on ammo?  It is not a saftey issue and it is not a range wear issue so I think it is a cash issue.  I doubt they have these ammo requirements when they run their IDPA matches.  Sorry for the grip I just hate it when ranges gouge shooters just to line their own pockets.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure what you're saying...

You can bring your own ammo to this event.  I made special arrangements.

They only allow pistol calibers there.

DoubleAction has is the only pistol range in Delware County.  They cater to LEO more than civillians.  I'm friends with the owners and they cut me some slack for this event.  I normally hold my gatherings at outdoor ranges, but... it's winter and Water and Wings is closed.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not trying to be a pain.  I was asking why do they not allow reloads or Wolf ammo?  I know you made arangements to bring your own ammo and that is great but why does the range require factory ammo?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#5]
No worries, Bushy.

I think Slide Stop is correct.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on fellas!!!

Several of you said you were coming but you haven't posted here.   I need a somewhat accurate head count.

If you think you're coming please post here!!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan on attending.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
what makes this a "ccw/home defense shoot"?  Are people just getting togeather to shoot the guns they use for CCW and home defense or are there going to be topics covered relevant to ccw and home defense?

It's around the corner from me so i could easily go (even though it's a little inconvenient to have to buy ammo when i have cases of wolf sitting around), but i'd like to know if i'm coming to just a meet and greet or something else.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
We like to have themes at these shoots since it keeps us from having to bring all of our guns out.

This is an informal gathering and we're just asking people to stick to the CCW/HD theme.   If you're looiking for a new CCW gun, this may be the thing to come out to.   You never know who is going to show up at these.    No scheduled classes like the last big gathering I held.  We'll probable have the UTAH CCW course or some other classes at the EFGA shoot in April (date to be determined).

I think  you were at the 22 pop fest a few years ago?  Where everybody just brough 22LR rifles and pistols?

Always trying to change the theme to keep things interesting.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I know some ranges don't let you shoot aluminum blazer(since they can't make money on the casing)
What about blazer Brass though?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:36:39 AM EDT
[#12]
sounds interesting.  I might show up depending on my schedule.  Won't be able to bring my main home gun since it's an AR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#13]

I know some ranges don't let you shoot aluminum blazer(since they can't make money on the casing)
What about blazer Brass though?

I never heard of Blazer brass?  I doubt it would be a problem if it is brass.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I asked them about the Blazers.   They don't want Blazer ammo PERIOD.  

I don't have much experience with Blazer ammo, but apparently they are pretty dirty and some indoor ranges don't like to clean up the cases or deal with all the smoke.  That's another reason they don't like wolf.

I personally don't deal with indoor ranges because of all of these rules.  95% of what I shoot in my AR15, Mini 14, FAL ect are reloads.

This is something different so we'll have to adapt.

My homebase is www.therallypoint.org but I'd really like to see some more AR15.com guys come out to this!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll also have samples of the new www.woolrichelite.com and a few tactical gadgets a guy wants me to test out.   I'll need some volunteers to test them out.   This should be a fun event!

I hope somebody shows up with an XD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#16]
2 more days to go.

Looks like we should have a good group coming out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Loading mags now....  Hope to see some old familiar faces.

Gary
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/index.php?topic=372.0

Pictures being posted there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top