Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:11:18 PM EDT
I was popular tonight. I am on security duty for our church this week. It is at the end of our street so I just walk up to go through and make sure all the office doors are locked and there is no running water anywhere. Well tonight, a local cop was at the light and saw someone (me) go inside and then saw a flashlight in the windows. Well, I glanced out a window to see the police car pointing at the door I came in and heard the police dog barking (K9 Unit). So I thought I should go out and see what is wrong in the church parking lot since I am on security duty. Well, I was what was wrong. Luckily, I had brought the schedule with me that showed my name for this week and I had my wallet with my ID. As I am explaining this to the first officer he mentions that he was just getting ready to turn the dog loose on me when I came out. He is saying this as two more cruisers come into the lot with lights flashing, point their cars at me and blind me with their frigging spotlights. By this time I almost have tears in my eyes laughing. So after another officer looks at my schedule and ID and asks me a few questions, they were finally satisfied that I was who I said I was and let me continue to check the church. I thanked them for their diligence and keeping an eye on the church. They stayed in the lot until I was done going through the whole church. When I went to leave I waved goodbye to the collection of what was now 4 police cars in the lot. It must have been a slow night in North Versailles! Anyway, I am still kicking myself in the ass for not handing out Gunrunners business cards. Oh well, I am on security duty till Sunday night so I may get to meet them again this week. I hope my excitement was your entertainment. Have a good one.....................Todd

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Where you carrying?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where you carrying?

Only a 6 D-cell flashlight.   I wouldn't want a pass-through to damage the church walls.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like to me you have a squared away department that cares about property crime.  You might want to drop the Chief an note telling him of your positive experiance.  Just a thought.  By the way, I suspect he was just kidding you about releasing the dog.  This would not be the first thing that a K-9 officer would do.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much liability.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
ypu have to post security at your church????
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like to me you have a squared away department that cares about property crime.  You might want to drop the Chief an note telling him of your positive experiance.  Just a thought.  By the way, I suspect he was just kidding you about releasing the dog.  This would not be the first thing that a K-9 officer would do.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much liability.  

Regards,
Gary

Good idea about the note to the Cheif. I am glad to see a Local Police force that is so much on the ball. Especially when they are trying to close a few of them in SW PA and let the State Police handle everything. I did thank the officers a few times when we were outside talking. I am hoping he was kidding about the dog too. All day Friday I had this mental image of me running through the church, screaming like a little girl, with this big ol' greman shepard running my ass down. It kept a smile on my face all day.

Quoted:
ypu have to post security at your church????

Yea, Someone to make sure doors & windows are locked for the night, no water leaks, stuff like that. We're not manning gun turrets or anything.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a pretty good story Todd....thanks for sharing....I needed a light side to my day.

Somehow I just can't see you screaming like a little girl running through the church....the boys in blue must have been disappointed...I'm sure they all came sirens blazing to see Todd ripped to shreads by lasey.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you got off reeeeeaaaaaaal easy! You should have been Tasered and Sprayed w\O.C. for your protection!!!!!!!!!! (AND Theirs!)
We're fortunate to have a good Local P.D. where I live, sounds like your Dept. is doing a ggod job.
Local Police around my neck of the woods only complaint is that they wish they had an Armory better than mine! A Great bunch of Guys. I hope the Chief is reading this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top