Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 4:00:40 PM EDT
This maybe a long shot  BUT anyone know of a medical provider--PCP/Endocrinologist/Urologist--in the Phoenix metro (even better if in the NW valley) area that is open to testosterone replacement therapy?

I'm a 45 y/o active (BJJ/swimming/lifting) dude with low T, as evidenced by multiple blood tests ordered by my PCP. Would prefer to not use one of the online men's health clinics if possible.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My most recent T score is 1049.  46yo, lift weights 5x week, sleep is decent not great, 99% meat based diet.  I'm not on exogenous T.  I do take a few supplements (tonkat etc) but I bet you can get your numbers up with diet....

I'm not against TRT, and I have no useful advice on a doctor.  Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
My primary care doc wrote me a script, after I got the labs done on my own.

Don't use your insurance, they'll deny the claim and make you take more tests that you don't need.

I go thru Good Rx for my prescription. It's way cheaper out of pocket, than thru your insurance. By a lot. Synthetic Test is really cheap.

Do some research, be prepared with your "symptoms", and see if your PCP will write the script for it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My most recent T score is 1049.  46yo, lift weights 5x week, sleep is decent not great, 99% meat based diet.  I'm not on exogenous T.  I do take a few supplements (tonkat etc) but I bet you can get your numbers up with diet....

I'm not against TRT, and I have no useful advice on a doctor.  Just thought I'd share.
View Quote

@tucansam

Appreciate the info and your perspective. I'm making myself lose weight (6' 223lbs->200lbs is my goal) before I'd move forward with TRT. Also working on the diet. I'll re-test after making these changes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My primary care doc wrote me a script, after I got the labs done on my own.

Don't use your insurance, they'll deny the claim and make you take more tests that you don't need.

I go thru Good Rx for my prescription. It's way cheaper out of pocket, than thru your insurance. By a lot. Synthetic Test is really cheap.

Do some research, be prepared with your "symptoms", and see if your PCP will write the script for it.
View Quote

@kevhogAZ

I've brought up the 'symptoms' with my PCP whose not completely opposed to the idea but will only start me on 50mg once every two weeks ugh. Hence attempting to locate another provider that might have a different approach.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@kevhogAZ

I've brought up the 'symptoms' with my PCP whose not completely opposed to the idea but will only start me on 50mg once every two weeks ugh. Hence attempting to locate another provider that might have a different approach.
View Quote

That's plenty to start. I have a super slow metabolism and after 90 days or so, I could really feel a difference.

My numbers didn't go up much at that point, I also started at .5 MG but once a week. I'm now on .75 a week. It's a slow process, you'd be better off to get started now, rather than wait a while to get started.

Trust me, you wanna get this going.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Go see Dr Jack Hawks, he's at Man Uplifted. He doesn't take insurance so it's cash pay. But then he doesn't have insurance companies telling him how to treat his patients.

He's at 99th ave and Peoria. He's also a gun enthusiast and drives a HMMWV.

https://wearemanuplifted.com/
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go see Dr Jack Hawks, he's at Man Uplifted. He doesn't take insurance so it's cash pay. But then he doesn't have insurance companies telling him how to treat his patients.

He's at 99th ave and Peoria. He's also a gun enthusiast and drives a HMMWV.

https://wearemanuplifted.com/
View Quote

@cat-mechanic

Appreciate the recommendation!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My T was 390 and my PCP would not even consider it, insurance, unless I was under 250. Started using Tongkat Ali 450mg a day and got my numbers up to 600. I have labs every 3 months and it has stayed over 600 now for 9 months.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My T was 390 and my PCP would not even consider it, insurance, unless I was under 250. Started using Tongkat Ali 450mg a day and got my numbers up to 600. I have labs every 3 months and it has stayed over 600 now for 9 months.
View Quote

@brianm602

Any particular brand preference on the tongkat ali?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Dr Shawn Blick at Valley Urologic
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dr Shawn Blick at Valley Urologic
View Quote

@CowboyGunner

Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top