Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2021 8:15:18 PM EDT
After our conversation I thought that dude is an Arfcommer.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]

That poor deer. If he tagged one, I hope his shot placement was good and he was pretty close.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That poor deer. If he tagged one, I hope his shot placement was good and he was pretty close.
View Quote

The bucks are still hanging away from the does and there is so much water that they weren’t leaving cover.  The only way people were seeing them was to walk up on one in the junipers at 25 yards and then you’d have about 1.5 seconds to get your shot off before he was in cover again.  I think the dude had basically given up and was just enjoying a long walk. He said he was carrying a .308 previously.

Interestingly, it was in a very inaccessible area and he was the only person I saw hunting on foot other than myself all week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top