Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2021 3:56:47 AM EDT
The landlord that owns the unit next to us has always rented to shady people and I am completely fed up. I have tons of doorbell video footage to provide as evidence that my new neighbors renting the adjoining condo are dealing drugs, doing generally shady shit, and possibly sex trafficking.

I'm hoping somebody can put me in touch with somebody to escalate this to put a stop to it. We have already been making calls, but I don't think they are understanding what is going on and I'm hoping that I can escalate this to somebody to start an investigation rather than simply having a couple of officers to check in on what's going on when we call.

The landlord doesn't care and simply says to call the police when I try to talk to him about his tenants but it would be nice if he didn't rent to people that the default response to have is, "call the police on them."
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO the police are so busy that they only care if someone gets hurt or killed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it’s called a “community action officer”. Each precinct has one and they serve as a resource between the police and the community to take care of problems like this.

You can call the station and ask for them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Me neighbors sell drugs too, haven't called the cops on them for that but I've called on them for elderly abuse and stolen cars on fire in their porch and the cops didn't give a shit either time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
CAO is a start. Where do you live?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Call Phoenix PD and request to speak to a detective. Or go to the station and do the same - in person they might tend to take you more seriously.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CAO is a start. Where do you live?
View Quote
Thanks for the replies guys. Black Mountain appears to be my precinct. I found the contacts on the City of Phoenix website for it. I'll contact the CAO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
op, i don’t condone any of those actions you say your neighbors are doing. But really, hard to blame the landlord. I mean imagine them “profiling” who they rent to. The lawsuits start rolling in. It’s the sad world we live in. Everyone wants to be offended and everyone wants to collect a free paycheck
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW from my own experience dealing with this same situation in north phx. getting phx pd to respond takes a ton of calls and a lot of complaining to get things done.

it wasnt until the 15th or 20th time i called and caught them on campus that they did anything. keep in mind this was on the campus of a childrens behavioral health facility.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Years ago where I lived had a neighbor similar to yours. I called the local jurisdiction's anonymous tip line with the address and a brief summary. A couple weeks later there were a few patrol cars outside the scumbag's place and the random parade of crackheads stopped.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
op, i don't condone any of those actions you say your neighbors are doing. But really, hard to blame the landlord. I mean imagine them "profiling" who they rent to. The lawsuits start rolling in. It's the sad world we live in. Everyone wants to be offended and everyone wants to collect a free paycheck
View Quote
When the police questioned them, they both admitted to having criminal records. I'm fairly certain he meets his tenants through his strip club business. He doesn't background check tenants because the people he advertises to most likely would never pass one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When the police questioned them, they both admitted to having criminal records. I'm fairly certain he meets his tenants through his strip club business. He doesn't background check tenants because the people he advertises to most likely would never pass one.
View Quote

So someone with a criminal record can’t live somewhere? Tons of people have criminal Records… not end of world
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So someone with a criminal record can't live somewhere? Tons of people have criminal Records not end of world
View Quote

@mojeb21
No, they can, but I don't need drug dealers dealing, manufacturing, sex trafficking, and who knows what else in the adjacent condo with a common walkway with dipshit tweakers knocking on my door looking for drugs at 2am.  Maybe you are ok with that, but I'm not. This just happened by the way, so it's a little too late for these guys:

Maybe I'll post the full video later. the SWAT team had some cool gear.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@mojeb21
No, they can, but I don't need drug dealers dealing, manufacturing, sex trafficking, and who knows what else in the adjacent condo with a common walkway with dipshit tweakers knocking on my door looking for drugs at 2am.  Maybe you are ok with that, but I'm not. This just happened by the way, so it's a little too late for these guys:

https://i.imgur.com/YTNjQin.jpg

View Quote

So they got em?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So they got em?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mojeb21

https://i.imgur.com/YTNjQin.jpg

So they got em?

Apparently they were there for a murder suspect (which is not either of the two that live there). They are tossing the place, but I don't know if anything that they find is admissible in court for these shitbirds, although I suppose they could be charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive? I don't live in a shitty place, but this is ridiculous and all goes back to the POS landlord renting to criminal lowlifes with criminal activity coming out of the unit(s) he rents. I'm sure they'll be evicted after this incident, but is the idiot landlord going to choose wisely with the next tenant? Probably not based on his other tenants.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like they were in fact running a drug lab and dicking with Fentanyl and they did get arrested. Hilariously apparently 9 javelina decided to make themselves known and parade around the scene. Police are still here and searching/cataloging the place. I took my dog out to do her business since I've been in here staying out of their way and I saw an unboxed caddy of handgun ammo with the evidence that they were collecting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like they were in fact running a drug lab and dicking with Fentanyl and they did get arrested. Hilariously apparently 9 javelina decided to make themselves known and parade around the scene. Police are still here and searching/cataloging the place. I took my dog out to do her business since I've been in here staying out of their way and I saw an unboxed caddy of handgun ammo with the evidence that they were collecting.
View Quote

You just displaced the javalina pack's dealer. Jerk.

Maybe they were the hired muscle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:08:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They apparently did not give a fuuuuuck. Never had an encounter with one myself despite living out here where they can be found, but hear they can be quite the dickheads.

They are setting up a full on camp while they catalog the place and haul out evidence. One of the guys just went in in an NBC style respirator suit.

Fuck am I glad these fuckers are going to be fucking gone. Unfuckingbelievable that they were processing fentanyl next door.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I think they are going to be at it all night

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't live in a shitty place
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You say this, and then go on to say:

but this is ridiculous and all goes back to the POS landlord renting to criminal lowlifes with criminal activity coming out of the unit(s) he rents. I'm sure they'll be evicted after this incident, but is the idiot landlord going to choose wisely with the next tenant? Probably not based on his other tenants.

I have to ask... why are you living there?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#22]
So there's place available for rent?  What's the rate?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but this is ridiculous and all goes back to the POS landlord renting to criminal lowlifes with criminal activity coming out of the unit(s) he rents. I'm sure they'll be evicted after this incident, but is the idiot landlord going to choose wisely with the next tenant? Probably not based on his other tenants.

Landlord runs a strip club…so most of the neighbors are strippers?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So there's place available for rent?  What's the rate?
View Quote

Who cares?  

Lick the wall every time you need a 'hit' and you'll forget about the price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if you have been paying attention, but property prices have skyrocketed massively and people's incomes have not increased enough to keep up. Maybe we can sell and find a decent place for a comparable price. Maybe not. Besides, why should I move? He's the one that sucks. Too many people run from shit rather than taking a stand and trying to prevent a downward slide. That's why so many countries have people fleeing and illegally entering the US. Easier to let somebody else worry about the problems of your community/country rather than do something about it yourself, right? Well that's why everything goes to shit. Nobody wants to do anything and it's easier to leave.

We're attempting to force the useless HOA (my fiance bought the condo before I met her) to do something about it and maybe force him to forfeit his units since this has been a pattern and this particular incident was a completely massive disruption and danger to the community.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Landlord runs a strip clubso most of the neighbors are strippers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Landlord runs a strip clubso most of the neighbors are strippers?
We're pretty sure one of the former tenants was a stripper. Supposedly she tended bar but she looked like a stripper. She told another neighbor that the landlord traded sex for rent regularly with her.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 2:58:27 AM EDT
[#28]
My ex ;landlord in Arizona City was the coolest dude I ever knew in the business, would rent from him again in a heartbeat. Living on what could be called Skid Row and never ever had a scene like that in the 11+ years I was there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn, that is a lot of evidence.

I hope you are shopping for a new place. I guess it could happen anywhere.

Even in our HOA we had a suspected crack house.  A DEA employee actually lived on the next street and told homeowners how to escalate a call.  It got raided.  Landlord didn't know what was going on.  Yeah, HOA can't stop renters from turning a location into the ghetto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top