Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 5:06:06 PM EDT
I purchased a cargo trailer to convert for camping and I want to insulate the underside of it using foam panels. If I insulate it and then coat it with bed liner do you think the rats and mice would chew through it.  I am not quite sure how to sheet the whole underside to stop em.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It's plastic and they like plastic. Can you cover it with sheet metal?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking of covering it with hardware cloth or aluminum flashing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at training for about a week, and left a car with cold air intake, parked at a buddies near Tucson...parked it on sand and gravel in his yard. I got back and saw tracks in and out underneath the engine compartment...opened the hood and som kind of rodent had eaten the wiring, took the battery insulation and built itself a cozy nest under my air filter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top