Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2018 10:03:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC it is a lottery with a one tag per lifetime limitation.

They are called desert bighorn.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw around 20 of them just sitting by the road outside of Greer last week
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a draw system through Game & Fish, just like any other big game.  There are limited tags and they are damn near impossible to get.  People put in for years and never get drawn.  Or you could go the banquet and bid on one of the Commissioner's tags that are provided to AZ Bighorn Society.  Of course in 2015 it went for $225,000.00.  I have no idea what it's going for now.  Probably close to 300K.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
We have desert big horn and rocky mountain big horn.  There's no limit to how many times you can get drawn (good luck) but you are only allowed to kill one of each in a lifetime.  My friend's kid got drawn like the first time he put in at 16.  Others will put in for most of their lives and never draw a tag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a managed heard in the Black Mountains east of Bullhead City. You see them quite often on the south side of highway 68 up near finger rock.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Coming back from Ajo last Saturday I saw 4 of them, looked a ram and maybe 3 females at Black Gap just off the highway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top