Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 3:32:50 PM EDT
We've lived in AZ for fourteen years and have never been to Prescott.  My wife decided since she has the weekend off she wants to get out of the valley and go tomorrow.  What's are things we should do/see?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
well, if you came here to go dining.... stay home.  Not a ton of interesting or good restaurants.  If you like to hike, you can go to Thumb Butte.  If you like to pan for gold, the creek behind Costco works.  If you like to toss kittens back and forth, there is a park downtown.  If you like to play Norwegian Death Metal, you can come to my house, I will play the Bass.

Other than that, will have to know what you enjoy doing.

If just for a drive, driving out to Skull Valley, then down through Peoples Valley, Wickenberg makes a nice run.  Or, come to PRescott, go over Mingus Mtn to Jerome, through Cottonwood, and over to Sedona is nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of hiking trails in the Granite Dells...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
My family likes the little zoo up there
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The downtown area has some interesting little bars, shops, and restaurants with some great history on the walls.  Pretty area.  Have fun.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to Courthouse Square downtown.  Have a picnic in the grass.  Perform a tuba concert from the bandstand (or Norwegian death metal - whichever).  Check out the nearby shops and Whiskey Row while you're there.

Drive up the Senator Highway into the forest.  Catch some bluegill at Goldwater Lake.  If your vehicle is up for a little dirt, climb up to the Mt. Union fire lookout tower, see if a really nervous Ranger will let you take in the view.

Stay at the Hassayampa Inn.

Swing through Jerome and Mingus Mountain.  Skip Arcosanti.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  

Looks like the wife wants to walk around the downtown area and look through some antique shops?  Probably grab some lunch and drive over to Jerome then maybe hit Sedona before coming home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top