Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2011 9:50:48 AM EDT
Hello all, got into a discussion with the armorer at my agency and it was decided that a couple of our Kimber's needed some sort of coating to stop this rust issue we got going on. Anyone know of a decent coating, preferably with Teflon, that is done in AZ that will not cost half of what was paid for these .45's? Thanks for any help with this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Robar is in AZ if I recall.

ETA:  Yup in Phoenix:

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I believe Robar is in AZ if I recall.  

ETA:  Yup in Phoenix:

This...i have stopped by there  before...good people..the NP3 process and finish is very durable and lubricious..they  have samples to show
as well...however depending on the pc...not cheap
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Chuck Rogers at Rogers Precision in Prescott Valley.  He does cerakoting for 300 for a complete pistol.  He's pricey but does a base of parkerizing, hence the added expenses.  I just had a Fusion kit coated by him and he did a phenomenal job.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
GlockMeister does refinishing really cheap in any color you want.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure I'm going to have my SBR done by these guys: Alternative Firearm Coatings.....www.acoating.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
right \on. thanks for the ideas folks. i have looked at robar. i like what i see. just not thrilled with the 300+ cost. but i do guess i will get what i pay for.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

right \on. thanks for the ideas folks. i have looked at robar. i like what i see. just not thrilled with the 300+ cost. but i do guess i will get what i pay for.

Glockmesiter only charges 50 to do just the slide and it is full anodizing.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Robar does great work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top