Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:54:46 AM EDT
I have a property 20 miles west of Seligman and I need someone to put in a primitive road for me. I just need someone to bulldoze a bunch of trees out of the way and then clear a space for a cabin on top of a hill. The road will need to be about 250 yards long with an elevation change of about 150-200ft. The trees are junipers and pinion pines, none of them taller than about 25ft. The site is acessable in a 2wd truck but there is a switchback up a hill which will limit the length of a trailer being towed. I'm flexible on when I want this doing and it would be best to probably wait a couple of weeks till the area dries up because the roads in the area are just dirt

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you called Joe Burche or Birtch (sp?) in Seligman?
If you can't get them then call Bob Dewey in Kingman.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
head on down to the black cat and ask for one of the Burch boys ,they'll take care of you
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

no I haven't, I didn't know where to start. I figured someone on arfcom would know, guess I was right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no I haven't, I didn't know where to start. I figured someone on arfcom would know, guess I was right.

I was going to add contact info for the Birchs but some one beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
head on down to the black cat and ask for one of the Burch boys ,they'll take care of you

I did this, Joe was in the black cat playing pool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did this, Joe was in the black cat playing pool.

What a surprise.

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The Black Cat is also known as the office, lots of business done there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#8]
who do you guys use for water delivery out there? I've got to get something sorted after I get the road done before I can start building something.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]
You've already found the best source of info at the Black cat.
The Birch boys are good guys and will fill you in on anything you need.
There are several other guys that hang out there that will help out if you need it.
Even if a bar isn't your bag, that's kind of how business gets done up there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
OK the road is done, Joe did a great job on it. We drove up it friday and it totally transforms the place. It's a little tricky in a couple of spots because of elevation changes, avoiding rocky ledges and wanting to leave the pinion pines un mollested but no problem for a S10 Blazer towing a 5x10 trailer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK the road is done, Joe did a great job on it. We drove up it friday and it totally transforms the place. It's a little tricky in a couple of spots because of elevation changes, avoiding rocky ledges and wanting to leave the pinion pines un mollested but no problem for a S10 Blazer towing a 5x10 trailer.

Good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top