Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:03:57 AM EDT
I am looking to buy some land a little east of snowflake. I want my own water source. Does anyone know what the average water table depth is? What is the cost of drilling a well? Does anyone one know a reputable drilling company in the White Mountains?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not right now, but I wonder the same thing... I have property outside of showlow  where the road Y's... Mnt Pine Ranch.....  Bought it 4 years back and was told by one person it cost him 10k to drill a well and the water there is DEEP.....

I did look around snowflake as well...Seems like a nice quiet area...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
ask Jeff at Arizona Armory ,he knows all about drilling he works at  Hurricane Holes .
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]

A friend of mine bought a piece of property and built his house on it.......has water trucked in every 10 days or so. When I asked him why, he told me "because I don't have an extra 20 thousand to spend". Ouch.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
... In your vicinity, it runs about $20/foot give or take

Typical, clean and plentiful aquifers are 600-1500 feet
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
In-laws have 40 acres east of Snowflake w/well. You might want to call Beeman drilling for a price quote. I believe they are in Linden, AZ. It is quiet out there on the property.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
When my in-laws put in their well years ago the drilling company called out a water witcher and he used his stick to find the best place to drill. The foreman said that the witcher was right most of the time and he was the only one they used. The old guy let me use his stick and it did move in my hands. This was the late 80s up in Prescott. They hit water in a few hundred feet. Wells still pumping today.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I would like to see this done in person .
http://www.waterlocating.com/water_witching.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top