Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 8:21:53 AM EDT
Thank God! I thought it would never come. However, it is only 1-2 inches, but hell it is finally coming down. You guys down in Phoenix getting some rain now?

Pray that we get more precipitation so that we can have a great spring and summer. I don't want to experience a bad fire season.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Pang1179, Where are you at? I am in Avondale and it is clear and breezy here. I am just getting ready to start some yard work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard Carefree/Cave Creek and the New River area got some rain, but nothing down here in the valley. Hopefully soon though.
Where are you that you got some snow? Damn glad to hear it, the high country needs it even more than we do down here!
Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in Flagstaff. It wasn't much, may be 2 inches, and it quickly melted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
We got about 2" up in the White Mountains tonight but it is melting fast.

Pray for more snow/rain or we will be in for a hot, dry and smokey summer.

Phessor
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We got about 2" up in the White Mountains tonight but it is melting fast.

Pray for more snow/rain or we will be in for a hot, dry and smokey summer.

Phessor

I just checked the news this morning and a foot or more is expected to fall up here in Flag and it seems down south a good amount of rain is on its way.

The forecast shows %80 chance of snow tomorrow and %100 Saturday.

Stay safe guys!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet! Just looked outside my window to see almost 2 inches of fresh snow on the ground. It is here and it is going to come down. There was a special weather statement given that indicated a foot or more of snow above the 6000 ft elevation and even more above the 7-8000 elevation.

Phoenix, I think you guys are finally going to end the 142 day rainless record.

Stay safe! Winter has finally arrived at Spring's door!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I feel like I'm back in Syracuse already.  Its OK though, there are so many things I love about AZ I can put up with the snow.  I will all be worth it come spring!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I feel like I'm back in Syracuse already.  Its OK though, there are so many things I love about AZ I can put up with the snow.  I will all be worth it come spring!

I just got back from Tempe, and it was snowing as low as 3500 elevation. Seems like its moving south. It is snowing right now in Flagstaff and is expected to continue. I heard a report it may get as low as 1500 elevation this weekend.

Spring will be beautiful!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
What pisses me off is the damn forest service is closing the roads now!  I have a camping trip in three weeks dammit and I wanted to go somewhere where I could ride!  Fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What pisses me off is the damn forest service is closing the roads now!  I have a camping trip in three weeks dammit and I wanted to go somewhere where I could ride!  Fuckers.

If your in Flag, check the Lake Mary/Mormon Lake service roads. They may still be open, but around two feet is expected by Sunday. I just got home from work and about 5 inches fell in the 6 hours I was there.

The city isn't doing the greatest job plowing. Streets are a mess and the strong winds aren't helping.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Phoenix, but I try to go camping every 2 months or so up on the Rim.  I was up there a few weeks ago and other than being windy, it was no doubt dry, but no fire restrictions at the time.  It was just a quick 3 day trip, but we have a 4 day planned at the end of the month.  We wanted to be able to ride (quad and motorcycle), but who knows what'll happen at this point.  At least you guys are getting some weather though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I do have to say that the snow plows here suck.  Having spent the last 28 years in the snowiest city in the US I feel qualified to comment.  The plows here just scrap the roads over and over until they are glare ice and never lay down and salt, gravel, or sand (cinder here I guess).  If they aren't going to lay down some media then its better to leave about an inch of snow for traction.  We went down 66 last night and watched cars slide all over the place.  

Now the upside of this is the old vehicles I see here still in great shape.  In Syracuse you can't drive anything you care about in the winter because they salt the shit out of the roads.  My gf and I are still scraping the salt out of the undercarrage of our cars 6 weeks after fleeing NY.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I do have to say that the snow plows here suck.  Having spent the last 28 years in the snowiest city in the US I feel qualified to comment.  The plows here just scrap the roads over and over until they are glare ice and never lay down and salt, gravel, or sand (cinder here I guess).  If they aren't going to lay down some media then its better to leave about an inch of snow for traction.  We went down 66 last night and watched cars slide all over the place.  

Now the upside of this is the old vehicles I see here still in great shape.  In Syracuse you can't drive anything you care about in the winter because they salt the shit out of the roads.  My gf and I are still scraping the salt out of the undercarrage of our cars 6 weeks after fleeing NY.  

I just looked outside this morning and it is still coming down. It looks as though another 5-10 inches fell during the night. I'd say total accumulations so far are around a foot and 1/2.

Wonder how the roads will be today? At least it's not so damn windy, yet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top