BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:33:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sorry, but I side with the store......They don't know you from the next guy who just bought his Raven 25 and thinks he's an expert. They owe it you, themselves and the other customers to maintain a safe environment. If you know it is loaded...make arrangments to unload it, leave it in your vehicle or don't go to the gun store.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
ITS UNSAFE TO UNLOAD WITHOUT A SAFETY Barrel. So i tell him its stupid and thats when most accidents occur, when loading and unloading

I quit taking a shower because the most dangerous part is getting in and out of the tub!

And I don't drink water without a snorkel because my god, you could drowned!

I quit driving my car because it's just too unsafe to fill it up with out a fire suite at the gas pump!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It is their establishment and their right to refuse...even to expert gunslingers such as yourself. I am not trying to stir it up, I just think you need to see both sides. Part of the reason they don't allow loaded weapons, is their safety. What good is having someone take the clip/magazine out if there is one in the throat? The one in the magazine won't kill you, the one in the throat will. Also, if I am going to rob a gun store, what better way than under the guise of a customer that just happens to bring his own pistol in instead of trying to hide it on my person. And for your info., mine is not in the car....on my hip with a full clip in my back pocket, so you won't need to rescue me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know if the one in Tucson says unload long guns before entering the store, or am I thinking of somewhere else?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
regardless of the stores policy, they should provide an area to safely clear and unload firearms if they want them unloaded in the store.  having people do it in their cars or standing outside the front door is asking for an accident.
the bullet trap at Shooters World takes more than a few hits every year....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Scotty, do they still have more fishing stuff than gun stuff?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I tend to agree with the fact that it is their right to have such a sign and your right to respect it, otherwise stay the hell out of there if you dont like it. Anyways, get your CCW and you can avoid the situation all together Its only 8 hours now you know............JEEZ!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Last time I went in there the guy gave me the speach because I was open carrying.

I just quoted the ccw exemption from his sign, told him I had one but left my jacket in the car, and he left me alone.

It is their property and their rules.

However, to require people to unload carried pistols prior to entering the store without providing a bullet trap is a flawed policy and an accident awaiting a victim.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
As SinistralRifleman pointed out, the most sensible policy for everyone comes down to "if your gun is loaded, don't play with it."  I shop at SGC, Sportsmans Warehouse and Dillon frequently.  I've noticed a significantly higher level of bullshit in the stores that assume everyone with a gun is a threat, and a more realistic attitude in the places that show common sense with their policies.

The stores have a right to any policy they want, but they don't have a right to anyone's business.  If you don't like it, don't shop there.  It's that easy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Final point being,  have a clearing station if you ask your GUN customers not to carry their guns in your Gun store.

This is true and I completely agree
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#15]
The big question, in my opinion is why would anyone shop there anyways?????
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The big question, in my opinion is why would anyone shop there anyways?????

Yep.  and the Sportsman's Warehouse is just down the freeway
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Organize a PROTEST!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I give up....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The store signs that always made the most sense to me are the ones that say:

"Firearms to remain holstered or cased.  If you intend to unholster/uncase your firearm, please unload before entering the store."

SGC, Sportsman's Wharehouse, and Dillon Precision all have such signs posted.  When we are open to the public for various events, this is our policy as well.

+1
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I give up....

Don't try to be rational in the AZHTF!  FLY OFF THE HANDLE!!  That's how we ROLL!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I give up....

'bout time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
In all honesty, I have entered the Az. Sportsman on Pima (Tucson) on occassion-----when I am going from the far NW side to the east side and need to use the shitter, i've plugged theres up a few times.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Final point being,  have a clearing station if you ask your GUN customers not to carry their guns in your Gun store.

This is true and I completely agree

+1 on that! It amazes me how little common sense is used by simply putting a sign on the door and not thinking of the repercussions...

-John
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
AZ hammer, I do have a CCW, but that day I chose to open carry with my glock 17.  I forgot to mention the part where 2 badged officers were in there with me,  I do understand it is their rules and will comply by never going in there again,   and for rollin hot who carrys full clips,  in his back pocket,  congratulations for not being reckless by leaving your gun in your car.  

Glockmeister is the same way.  Sign on the front reads: No Loaded Weapons.  I would love to shop there, but it will never happen with that kind of stupid bullshit forced upon me.  It just doesnt make any goddamn sense to not let legal carriers carry into a store that caters directly to them...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, IMHO, its their "sandbox", so its their rules.

Having said that, I find it stupid they allow people to take them in loaded CCW. In my mind, a loaded gun is a loaded gun.

Would be nice if they did have safety/clearing barrels, although, do you having a clearing barrel at home you use when you load and unload? I don't. Nor do any of my shooting buddies, or my dad when he carried. I'm not asking to be a smartass, I'm actually curious if most of you do.

I know ND's happen upon clearing, but I have heard more on loading the firearm, than clearing it. I really don't see how a person paying attention, keeping their finger off the trigger ever has an ND while clearing. And that is what it is a NEGLIGENT discharge if it happens.

As for the barrels at Shooters World, well I'm a member there and with the looks of some of the people I have seen shooting there, hell even working there, I have no doubt those take a couple rounds a year. There are a lot of people in that place that make me pucker when I think they have a deadly weapon with them.

All that said, I just wouldn't shop there with a stupid rule like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top