Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:07:21 AM EDT

Yesterday afternoon I was walking around outside and walked through a shady spot by the building. I could feel a coolness in the air. Rather, it wasn't so much a coolness as it was a distinct lack of searing heat.

This morning when I let the dogs out, I could feel a slight tinge of fall in the air.

It's coming......     I can almost smell the faint whiff of RV exhaust on the winds...    can almost see the dust cloud of a thousand, nay, a million Class A motorhomes. I hear the hum of high pressure tires as they thunder towards us, bearing down on us inexorably, like a plague of a million driving-25mph-in-the-left-lane-with-their-right-blinker-on locusts.

The Golden (Years) Horde. The Snowbirds. They cometh.

Dontcha know?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget the Canadian Striped Whistlers, that elusive breed that migrates from the north, drives a huge land barge, wears suspenders, and when it sees the gas prices, begins to whistle.

AB
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Its sort of like when a huricane is approaching. You can see it off in the distance as it slowly gets closer and closer, then BAM it hits. Maybe we should issue a Winter storm watch due to all of the snow heading this way.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember- officially old age doesn’t make you stupid. Therefore these people were idiots and assholes their entire lives.  Makes me glad I spent my life here.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I just want to know how many broken MotorCoach carcasses litter the plains between Ottowa and AJ.....

When I can no longer safely drive a vehicle, I am gonna buy the freakin biggest motorhome I can find, head for Minnesota, and drive 6 miles an hour while takin up BOTH lanes all summer long....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Imagine trying to live with them everyday...  And yes, they drive like that all the time.

*Born and raised in northcentral Wisconsin, moved to Phoenix no more than a month after turning 18.*
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh Lord...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]

I see a Snowbird, the first words that come to mind: wood chipper.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I saw a bumper sticker that said something to the effect of ' If they are called snowbirds, why cant we shoot 'em'..

got a little chuckle outta me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a bumper sticker that said something to the effect of ' If they are called snowbirds, why cant we shoot 'em'..

got a little chuckle outta me.

Great bumper sticker, although with my luck some snowbirds would smash my windows with their canes...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#10]
"So many snowbirds, so little freezer space"

And down here in Casa Grande, they're building 7more RV parks just for the blue haired bingo crowd..

I guess it's better than 7 more low income housing projects..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I see that you are a classically educated man....just like me!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ageist!

Come on, you know you love those doddering old folks. Making left hand turns from the right hand lane on a red light. Clogging every eatery with a mass of blue hair and Bryl Creem, insistent about the senior discount.

Charging ahead of you in every line in the supermarket with a cart full of groceries and a notebook full of coupons! After all, they're just people. Old People. In no hurry to go ANYWHERE in anything resembling a hurry.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the sig. Had to modify it for 255 characters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top