Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:32:15 PM EDT
...looking for anything in particular, selling, or just browsing? I'm thinking of bringing a Mossberg 590 and/or Russian SKS for sale (maybe...still mulling it over). I'd like to pick up one of the Romanian AK's one of these days from J&G Sales.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
And just where is the show going to be? The Ice House CANNOT be used as advertised. It is full of refugees from New  Orleans. Will they move it outside to tents? Just what we need in 100 + weather.

I think I'll pass on this one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
GUN SHOW IS ON!  My co-worker has six or ten tables at every Crossroads show and this morning spoke directly to the promoter.  Show is a go.  It will be held in the Agg. Building and the Green Building NOT in the Ice House (because of the Hurricane refugees camping out there).

Yep it will be a evaporative cooled sweat box, but the September Crossroads show has allways been there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And just where is the show going to be? The Ice House CANNOT be used as advertised. It is full of refugees from New  Orleans. Will they move it outside to tents? Just what we need in 100 + weather.

They're called "Evacuees", "Katrina Survivors", "Displaced Citizens" and "Hurricane Heroes".

Do NOT call them "refugees" - that's a derogatory term used for poverty-stricken third-worlders, NOT applicable to the evacuees from New Orleans.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're called "Evacuees", "Katrina Survivors", "Displaced Citizens" and "Hurricane Heroes".

Do NOT call them "refugees" - that's a derogatory term used for poverty-stricken third-worlders, NOT applicable to the evacuees from New Orleans.

BIG +1

-John
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there! Looking for an XD-40 compact deal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there selling an OA-96 & a Springfield Micro Compact Loaded OD.
Looking for AK-74 kits/ parts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many of them are "Freedom Shoppers!"?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I got an e-mail from J&G stating they are out of their nice looking Yugo mausers... So I'm hoping to find someone selling one at a reasonable price at the show.  I might even break down and snag a new G34 if I can find the right deal. :P

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

Obviously you have never been to New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do NOT call them "refugees" - that's a derogatory racist term used for poverty-stricken third-worlders, NOT applicable to the evacuees from New Orleans.

edited to make it even more PC
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously you have never been to New Orleans.

Is it anything like downtown Atlanta at midnight during Freaknik?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got an e-mail from J&G stating they are out of their nice looking Yugo mausers... So I'm hoping to find someone selling one at a reasonable price at the show.  I might even break down and snag a new G34 if I can find the right deal. :P

I bought a G34 shortly after the ban expired in last Fall. The G34 is really nice!  Points well for me and although it has a 5.2" barrel it is light and is easy to carry.  It fits in my nice leather Mitch Rosen holster and the Blackhawk retention holster BOTH of which were bought for my the shorted G23 (the G34 just sticks out the bottom).  I bought a case of the USGI 9mm+P ammo from Ammoman a while back and it is great for practice and plinking in the G34.

Check to see if the one you are looking at has the full capacity 17 round mags or the wimpy ban-era 10 rounders.  I would not pay as much if it only has the 10 round mags, as you will have to go out and pay $50 for two new full capacity magazines.  I found one of the new ones with 17 rounders in the box.  Just a bargaining tip...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#13]
ill be there with my mom on sunday.....she is looking for her first gun, probably a revolver seeing as how she can't pull back the slide on a ppk.  ill be looking for either a Garand or a mauser.  I have yet to get a WWII rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ill be there with my mom on sunday.....she is looking for her first gun, probably a revolver seeing as how she can't pull back the slide on a ppk.  ill be looking for either a Garand or a mauser.  I have yet to get a WWII rifle.  

There are usually some very nice (read: expensive) Garands at the show. However I highly recommend going thru the CMP program to get a Garand. They even ship it right to your door.

www.odcmp.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know of a public group that you can become affiliated with that counts for CMP?

I've looked at their roster on the CMP website and everything looks to be either military only or for JR ROTC.

I'd love to do this, but keep coming up empty when finding an affiliated group.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Check to see if the one you are looking at has the full capacity 17 round mags or the wimpy ban-era 10 rounders. I would not pay as much if it only has the 10 round mags, as you will have to go out and pay $50 for two new full capacity magazines. I found one of the new ones with 17 rounders in the box. Just a bargaining tip...

Thanks for the info.  :)  I have a pile of hicap mags from my G17 that would just have to pull double duty.  The hard part is going to be finding one for a decent price at the show.  Most of the dealers seem to want to sell at prices higher than what I can get from my local reputable/reliable gun shop. :)  Without a steep discount, it's hard to justify not supporting my local gun monger. :)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a public group that you can become affiliated with that counts for CMP?

I've looked at their roster on the CMP website and everything looks to be either military only or for JR ROTC.

A 1 year membership in the Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Assn. is only $15. Mail them a check and they mail you a membership card. This is the club I joined to get my CMP Garand.

www.asrpa.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to look for a SIG 220 .45. I'm taking a handgun to sell or trade for one.
Hopefully, I'll find a deal!!!  Just got a SIG 226 through CDNN and I Love it!!
CDNN is out of 220's right now.    I've got to get a 220!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are usually some very nice (read: expensive) Garands at the show. However I highly recommend going thru the CMP program to get a Garand. They even ship it right to your door.

www.odcmp.com

I was planning on going through them but didn't know of any club to join...but now that you said that one and its only $15 i might have to do that.  But cmp only has the greek issue ones for sale now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.odcmp.com

I was planning on going through them but didn't know of any club to join...but now that you said that

one and its only $15 i might have to do that.  But cmp only has the greek issue ones for sale now.

What is wrong with the Greek ones?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

no idea, are they just as good?  I kind of think I would be a bit "cooler" to have a USGI one.  But if they are just is good that i see nothing wrong.

ETA i also got work off for saturday so i may be going down then.    anyone going down in a group either days...it woudl be cool to meet some of you guys.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no idea, are they just as good?  I kind of think I would be a bit "cooler" to have a USGI one.  But if they are just is good that i see nothing wrong.

ETA i also got work off for saturday so i may be going down then.    anyone going down in a group either days...it woudl be cool to meet some of you guys.  

I got a Greek issue one......  I'm no expert on Garands, but I don't think there is anything different about them. Their history is the only difference. Instead of being issued to Americans, they were loaned to Greece, and then returned. Otherwise they are the same.

AND if you look on the CMP page, there are some USGI ones still available in the lower grades.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Phoenix Rod & Gun usually has a couple of CMP qualifying shoots a year.  Don't know if you need to be a member or not, but its a great place to shoot HP in any case.  (602) 276-0510  Located at the end of 7th ave. at the base of South Mountain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top