Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
Looking to build a storage shed/Workshop/dog refuge on my property.

The dimensions I'm thinking of ar 14x20x9 (sloping to 8' tall to direct water).

I know I"ll need to get a building permit because it's over 200sq ft, I decided to go that big since I'd need one (permit) reguardless -- since I'm going to run a swamp-cooler out there, I'd need permits for electricty and water.

Anyone have an idea how much a slab of concrete would run that's 14x20?  I'm GUESSING it would need to be 4 inches thick.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
For a 14x20x4" slab you need 3.46 yards of concrete.  I haven't priced concrete in several years, but I would guess it is running somewhere near $90 - $100 delivered.  Depending on the supplier, you may have to order at least 5 yards to get them to deliver it without a delivery charge.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for someone to build it, or just the advice?  I can do either.  But if I build it, you get to buy the beer (and I drink a lot!)  

Seriously, if you need a contractor, let me know.  Get some quotes and I'll cut em in half, and you can buy beer.  I can build just about anything, and I am up to speed on all local codes - especially electrical, as I have been an industrial electrician for 14 years and now own a property management company.  Always more than happy to help a fellow arfcommer!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you looking for someone to build it, or just the advice?  I can do either.  But if I build it, you get to buy the beer (and I drink a lot!)  

Seriously, if you need a contractor, let me know.  Get some quotes and I'll cut em in half, and you can buy beer.  I can build just about anything, and I am up to speed on all local codes - especially electrical, as I have been an industrial electrician for 14 years and now own a property management company.  Always more than happy to help a fellow arfcommer!

I had planned on building it, but I definately would be up for someone that knows what they are doing out here -- my roomate (as far as I know) would be helping also.

If you don't mind, PM me your # and a good time to chat about this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Email sent bro
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top