Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:43:14 PM EDT
Wondering if anyone is up for a .22lr shoot this coming weekend -- I'll probably put atleast a brick through my pistol and rifle.... possibly 2 depending.

Anyone else game?  It would be at the range out by the fairgrounds

For those who havn't been there before, it's $6 to shoot all day, and a very nice facility.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like fun, if I'm not working I can bring out a few .22's. Last time I took my 22 there I had more fun shooting dirt clods and rocks on the berm than at my target.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
why not Desert Trails range ??
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
why not Desert Trails range ??

I don't like tripping over weeds to go shooting.  The facility out by the fairgrounds is MUCH nicer to shoot at in compairison to Desert Trails.

I just wish the one out by the fairgrounds would get some steel targets.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
How is the county range rules wise.

I like desert trail because he doesn't get upset if you shoot prone or off hand or put a couple of rounds down range quickly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like desert trail because he doesn't get upset if you shoot prone or off hand or put a couple of rounds down range quickly.

Hrm, you havn't run into Rich down there have you?  They have it POSTED that there is no rapid fire at Desert Trails, I've seen them come out and tell people to slow down multiple times..... not to mention the $1 per bullet hole in the frames.

I've shot from a knee, standing and bench at the fair range when I was sighting in a rifle before 3 gun -- all they did was ask me if I was getting ready to compete in a mach -- I highly doubt they'd care about prone....... and for the record, they don't charge you if you hit the target frames.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I avoid Rich.

Yesterday, there were the 3 amigos who put 30 rounds down range in 10 seconds that Rich got upset about, but nobody has ever said anything to me about controlled pairs.

I'll have to check out the fairgrounds when Desert trails closes down next month.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll have to check out the fairgrounds when Desert trails closes down next month.

They're closing down?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They're closing down?

Apparently the fairgrounds range swiped a bunch of his business and he's selling in September.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
im game. got 2 22's that i need to re sight in.  just tell me when
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking Sunday morning, early.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They're closing down?

Apparently the fairgrounds range swiped a bunch of his business and he's selling in September.

Offer a better product and people will come.
Apparently he didn't do that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#12]
strange, to say the least.., it was a great place to shoot several months ago ! weeds ?? that's a problem for people who shoot randomly in the desert ?? actually there was some riff-raff hanging around there for a while, don't know where they go now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll see if I can make it.

I'll see if my little girl want's to come and show rob how too shoot

Neanderthal

Edit because my litte girl want's to kick Rob's ass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'll see if my little girl want to come out and out shoot you guys

Neanderthal

I really hope that's a typo.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll see if my little girl want to come out and out shoot you guys

Neanderthal

I really hope that's a typo.......

Crap I need more than 4 hours sleep or start drinking then post
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By ghengiskhab

Quoted:
They're closing down?

It was good range when it first openened but then it went down hill fast.

I like the pima range the few times ive been there alot better then desert trails.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Funny I got kicked off Desert Trails for firing a .22LR AR too rapidly.

I am glad Desert Trails is closing down.

County range, prone, kneeling, offhand, rapid fire.  Its all game... except human shaped targets :D

- G
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
They loosened up on the human shaped target due to CCW classes. Its now like most ranges can't be a picture target. Not sure how they rule on the targets that are drawn and not "photo". They sell reduced scale human targets
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump......

Back to the topic:

This Sunday (9/4) Going to head out to the range out by the fairgrounds for some .22lr action -- many bricks of ammo will be shot.

I'm thinking of getting there at 7-8am.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I do believe i can make that.  they have covered firing points?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes the points are covered. About 20 points for 50 yard and 10 for 100/200 yard. Range has restooms and sells water, and targets.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#22]
thanks for the invite.  nice place out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top