Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:28:13 AM EDT
Just got a question.... what are the penalties in AZ for driving w/ a suspended out of state licnese?

Can they even check that its suspended?

I'm not saying thats what im planning on doing, just asking for the facts.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Driving on a suspended license is a criminal offense.  In AZ, it is a misdemeanor, and the officer can book you into jail (depending on the county and deparment policy), or cite and release.

Yes, they can check.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh thats just fabulous ...

I thought my licnese was only suspended in New York State though?  Thats the reason I was asking.

I know for instance, out of state people here depending on your states own rules (say Mass. for instance), can get all the tickets they want in NY without any "points" on thier MA license.  However, if they get too many in NY, they lose thier privledge to drive in NY state, but still can drive in thier state, and every where else.

Is it reverse or something though, like if you lose your licnese in your home state you lose it in every other state? I'm really really hoping its not, because if so - I am screwed really, really hard lol...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If your license is valid in your home state, it is valid here.  If your license is suspended/revoked in your home state, then the same applies in AZ.

If your license is valid, and you receive a civil traffic citation in AZ, then you are correct that no out of state points will apply.  However, you don't have a valid license to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I guess ill be biking it hahahah....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#5]
The MVD/DMV is second in power to the IRS when it comes to information sharing. There are agreements with all states for database information sharing. Your federal tax dollars paid for that too.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The MVD/DMV is second in power to the IRS when it comes to information sharing. There are agreements with all states for database information sharing.

Yeah, all that, but we still can't keep filthy illegals out the country.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
No shit. I completely concur.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to the MVD, tell them that you just moved here from NY, surrender your NY ID, and get a valid AZ ID.

Chances are they will give you a valid AZ license.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
tell the po-po you're an illegal when they pull you over, it's like having a get out of jail free card.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
tell the po-po you're an illegal when they pull you over, it's like having a get out of jail free card.

No one get's out of jail free anymore.

Fines and suspension penalties for no insurance, displaying suspended plates, no DL, No valid ID have gone ballistic in the past few weeks.

People who drive with no DL's, no AZ state valid ID's and no insurance are the direct target of the new laws and fine structure.

The illegals will be sending their paychecks to the courts instead of back to Mexico.

In the next 6 months, it wil be a lot less "illegal" friendly here in Arizona.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one get's out of jail free anymore.

Fines and suspension penalties for no insurance, displaying suspended plates, no DL, No valid ID have gone ballistic in the past few weeks.

People who drive with no DL's, no AZ state valid ID's and no insurance are the direct target of the new laws and fine structure.

The illegals will be sending their paychecks to the courts instead of back to Mexico.

In the next 6 months, it wil be a lot less "illegal" friendly here in Arizona.

Jay

that would be good for the state in general.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'd love to see it, but I'm a cynic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top