Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 5:27:19 AM EDT
What the fuck, how many kids have to drown in swimming pools here in AZ before they charge these people with child endangerment (if they live) and worse for those who die.
I'm from SanDiego and have been in the ocean all my life, before coming to Arizona 10 years ago I never heard of so many kids and adults drowning. Not 1 a day in some cases 2 and 3 drowning a day.
These fucking idiots have to be held accountable or it will never end. We have to take a coarse to carry a gun canceled but more kids die in pools than with guns.
I not sure what else can be done besides ban pools until the parents have taken a coarse in CPR and watch video of what happens to some of these people who survive and go on to live as a vegetable.
And be warned if there child has a near drowning or drowns the would face jail time.

Well that's my rant for the morning, I just sick of the stupidly
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
K9- The problem is this. Most of those fucking idiots That you refered to are from other states. Transpalnts if you will. These are the same idiots that run red lights. The same idiots that go 85  on the highway. The same idiots that blow thru school zones doing 55. The same idiots that buy huge suv's/trucks that only get 10 mpg and still drive as fast as fucking possible. The same idiots that don't slow down for construction zones. These people are complete morons. But when it comes to pools they are fucking retards. But what is worse, is that the citys in the valley do not pass laws in regards to pools and then inforce them. There are records as to who has pools and who does not(tax, property assesment, new home sales, pool builders, etc.) People don't give a shit about anything other then them selfs out here. I have a pool. it is fenced and locked. I also have a alrm on it. My kids swim better then fish. They are never alone in the pool. Screw the phone or the front door. If I leave the pool area they leave the pool area. My kids are 9 and 11. I hate to say this but you are going to just have to get used to kids dying. Too few people really care, its a shame but it is a fact. There are way too many parents out there that SHOULD NEVER BE PARENTS!!!!!!!

My RANT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
K9- The problem is this. Most of those fucking idiots That you refered to are from other states. Transpalnts if you will. These are the same idiots that run red lights. The same idiots that go 85  on the highway. The same idiots that blow thru school zones doing 55. The same idiots that buy huge suv's/trucks that only get 10 mpg and still drive as fast as fucking possible. The same idiots that don't slow down for construction zones. These people are complete morons. But when it comes to pools they are fucking retards.

But what is worse, is that the citys in the valley do not pass laws in regards to pools and then inforce them. There are records as to who has pools and who does not(tax, property assesment, new home sales, pool builders, etc.) People don't give a shit about anything other then them selfs out here. I have a pool. it is fenced and locked. I also have a alrm on it. My kids swim better then fish. They are never alone in the pool. Screw the phone or the front door. If I leave the pool area they leave the pool area. My kids are 9 and 11. I hate to say this but you are going to just have to get used to kids dying. Too few people really care, its a shame but it is a fact. There are way too many parents out there that SHOULD NEVER BE PARENTS!!!!!!!

My RANT

That's about it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
K9- The problem is this. Most of those fucking idiots That you refered to are from other states. Transpalnts if you will. These are the same idiots that run red lights. The same idiots that go 85  on the highway. The same idiots that blow thru school zones doing 55. The same idiots that buy huge suv's/trucks that only get 10 mpg and still drive as fast as fucking possible. The same idiots that don't slow down for construction zones. These people are complete morons. But when it comes to pools they are fucking retards. But what is worse, is that the citys in the valley do not pass laws in regards to pools and then inforce them. There are records as to who has pools and who does not(tax, property assesment, new home sales, pool builders, etc.) People don't give a shit about anything other then them selfs out here. I have a pool. it is fenced and locked. I also have a alrm on it. My kids swim better then fish. They are never alone in the pool. Screw the phone or the front door. If I leave the pool area they leave the pool area. My kids are 9 and 11. I hate to say this but you are going to just have to get used to kids dying. Too few people really care, its a shame but it is a fact. There are way too many parents out there that SHOULD NEVER BE PARENTS!!!!!!!

My RANT

Even so, government regulation isn't the answer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I really don't know what to say.  Other than I love my 10mpg truck, why do you care if I buy a truck that gets 10mpg?,
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I really don't know what to say.  Other than I love my 10mpg truck, why do you care if I buy a truck that gets 10mpg?,

I don't get the SUV stuff unless you have a large family and/or go off road.  These clowns that buy them to look cool are just wasting gas.  If you get one,  use it for it's intended perpose.  Same goes for safe queen ARs. My Rant
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't really agree that all these drowning are due to people who moved here from another state, hell there are more drowning this month here than there were the entire time I lived in California (30years).
And I drive an SUV, I wouldn't drive any thing else.

By the although off the subject, for those of you who bash others for driving SUVs please post what you drive.

How many kids do you think drowned today?
When they say watch your kids around water they need to add or go to jail.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Pool drowings = Darwin in action.

Sorry, but that's about how I feel about it.

If you can't keep an eye on your kids, there's a problem with you, not the pool.  Kids drown in bathtubs, toilet bowls and 5 gallon buckets, too.  

If I don't want to put a wrought-iron fence around the pool inside my masonry-walled back yard, that should be my choice - NOT YOURS.

Protect YOUR children your way, I'll protect mine my way.  My kids are not yours to protect.

BTW, I don't have a pool, but I was this close, and it would NOT have had a fence around it.

My grandkids are 5 and 6.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pool drowings = Darwin in action.

Sorry, but that's about how I feel about it.

If you can't keep an eye on your kids, there's a problem with you, not the pool.  Kids drown in bathtubs, toilet bowls and 5 gallon buckets, too.  

If I don't want to put a wrought-iron fence around the pool inside my masonry-walled back yard, that should be my choice - NOT YOURS.

Protect YOUR children your way, I'll protect mine my way.  My kids are not yours to protect.

BTW, I don't have a pool, but I was this close, and it would NOT have had a fence around it.

My grandkids are 5 and 6.

Well said.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
People from other states is a BS argument...I'm from Michigan where there are lakes every 100 feet it seems.  The only people that regularly drown there are drunks out boating and people running snow mobiles on the ice in the winter.  Everyone I knew there learned to swim at a young age or their parents scared them of the water in a significant way, so they knew not to go near it.  Those of us who lived on lake front property were swimming by ourselves unsupervised by 9-10 years old.  The same is most likely true of people from the other states in the great lakes area.

The number of kids drowning here is entirely ridiculous...if parents aren't preventing this stuff, it has to lead me to believe they simply don't care about their kids.

+1
My mom had a house in Michigan with a good size lake about 60 feet from the back door.
I have honestly never heard of anyone drowning in that lake.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a Costco pool...one of those canvas-above-ground-15-foot things.  I've already paid for a fence to be installed, but the installer is running a bit behind to get it done.  As much as I'd like to be in the water on these hot days, the pool's staying down until the fence is up.  My daughters (ages 4-11) swim like little fish, but for me....no fence....no pool.

Quoted:
I don't get the SUV stuff unless you have a large family and/or go off road.  These clowns that buy them to look cool are just wasting gas.  If you get one,  use it for it's intended perpose.  Same goes for safe queen ARs. My Rant

So if I had a 10MPG SUV, then maybe I'd have use for my safe queen AR to fight off all the SUV haters?

The same idiots that go 85 on the highway.

I hate it when people drive that slow!

please post what you drive.

* 13 MPG 1/2 ton van...wifez0r carpools 7 kids to/from school...though we're planning on going to a 23-25 MPH minivan this month.
* 4cyl natural gas car for my commute to work...and I paid for it myself...though it would have been cheaper to get in on the Jeff Groscost deal to have the state pay for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
These people are fucking idiots, another near drowning yesterday and a drowning today. No matter how you look at it Arizona has a big problem, How can people let this happen to there kids. If somebody has a idea about how to stop some of these drowning speak up. If a child were to shoot them selves with there fathers gun thed go to jail, what is the deference here. These people need to be prosecuted for child endangerment. Total fucking idiots.
Thers seems to be no end in sight, damm this pisses me off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top