Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:39:08 AM EDT
Here is what my workplace has to say about guns....

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They say no weapons, but they really mean no firearms.  I had a major go-round with the Dir. of Safety back when I worked for a major corp. in a blue state.  "No, we mean no weapons in the workplace."  "Ya' dumbass, we're a repair organization.  We carry knives, screwdrivers, and even Ramset guns.  Are you telling me that's over?  No, just no guns.  Then why won't you say 'No Guns?'"

Yeah, I can be a pain in the ass when I want to be.  And being a short-timer made for bountiful opportunities.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No signs posted and nothing in the employee handbook about not carrying in the office.  The only thing close is the statement in the dress code that "Hunting Attire" is not appropriate for business casual days.

But since most of my coworkers have never touched a gun let alone own one, I'm guessing they just forgot to mention it.  And I'm not going to point it out to them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a simular minded large corp. & like most of the asshat's running around in today's world they blame the tool not the person useing it. I still keep one in the truck

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I work for a simular minded large corp. & like most of the asshat's running around in today's world they blame the tool not the person useing it. I still keep one in the truck

Describe your truck and tell me where you work!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Uh, its white with a company name on the doors.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
close, it is white  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I work for myself.

Not only do I carry on the properties I manage, I encourage me employees to cary, also.  

The first time I met one of my owners I was open-carrying.  He asked me if I really needed a gun.  "That depends..."  I told him.  "How much do you value your investment property?"  He never mentioned it again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Heck, I get in trouble if I don't bring my weapon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I know what happens if you carry while working at my last job. You get a nice phone call letting you know that you are terminated.
I had guns in that office for over 7 years and not a word. All of the guys I worked with where avid hunters. But when my boss quit one of the csr's took it upon herself to call in to the corporate office and narked me off telling them that she was afraid.
Funny thing was is that she got fired about a month later for being a @#$*%!
My new boss has a CCW and promotes carrying a weapon on the job.
I like my new job better, I get 3.5 days off a week with overtime. Now I can spend more time with my family.
Phessor
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Heck, I get in trouble if I don't bring my weapon.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#14]
My company's based in San Francisco, CA.  In the employee manual, they may as well have a picture of Diane Feinstein.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#15]
My company has a "no weapons" policy published in the employee handbook, but no signs except at one site in MN. I have a home office, and so I get to carry at work anyway .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top