Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:28:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see Cav doing this effort to Support our Sport. Good Job!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

This is what makes Cav so great.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]

This class is FREE! We consider this a public service to the shooting community, we want more people actively involved in the shooting sports.

Yeah, that freakin' rocks!
These guys are what the shooting sport is all about.
Pity I have to work that day (and the next, and the next...).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

This is what makes Cav so great.

... Correct, how many other businesses will conduct similar events for local customers? Very few.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]
There is not enough time to organize a protest!!!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again for putting this on.  That was a good introduction for those of us who have never tried competetive shooting in the past.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#12]
How was the class?

If I was actually in a position where I could be doing 3 gun matches right now I would've gone.

Alas, I'm po'.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How was the class?

.... Quite frankly? - It was excellent!

...  The sponsors had printed agenda / coursework media handouts. The material was delivered in the utmost, knowledgeable and professional manner. Instruction was interactive between Russell and Scott. At any time the "students" were allowed to ask questions. Covered every aspect needed to enter the game.

... Was particularly impressed with Russell's impassioned belief regarding mindset, shooting as a martial skill and the role it plays in potentially defending you & your families life - so you should strive to get proficient at it! They also reminded us that each shooter has the "potential" to become a viable and legitimate critic for firearms and gear for our LEO and military friends.

... After the theory, the instructors narrated some DLP footage of past matches highlighting some of the aspects discussed in class.

... Facilities, pizza and pop was provided by Cavalry Arms and Ameetec.

... There is a reason I hold these companies and their employees in such high regard. I have the utmost respect for them. They will always have my support.

... Several guys headed out to the Rio Salado Range this morning for some "laboratory" follow-on.

... Gentlemen, a sincere thank you for doing this for us Arizona folks completely au gratis.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I was actually in a position where I could be doing 3 gun matches right now I would've gone.

Alas, I'm po'.

This was one of the other topics covered.  If you can't afford ammo, that might stop you from shooting, but you can still learn quite a bit from talking to and watching people.  If your concern is all the gear you see people with, you don't need it.  From what Russell and Scott were telling us, there are plenty of people who go out to matches with some inexpensive gear.

I found this class to be extremely beneficial to me because their priorities match mine.  I don't expect to win competitions or impress anyone.  I expect to improve my own skills.  It also sounds like a good venue to see what tactics and gear works reliably, and what only looks good in marketing and television.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#15]
All you need for the two gun matches are a rifle and a shotgun, 2-3 magazines for your rifle, a box or two of birdshot, 5-10 slugs, and 100-150 rounds of rifle ammo, and a pocket to shove shit in.

I'm a poor bastard too, but I don't let it stop me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm even willing to loan AR mag holders and bandoleers for shotgun shells, which is the perfact way to find out what works for you and what doesn't, without finding our with your own money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#17]

When's the next one?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When's the next one?

September 9th

Dammit. Worst of all days for me.

You don't want to know.

If there's one after that, I'd like to be there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#20]
+1... I'd REALLY like to go to the next class you have.  I have been wanting to get into shooting matches (2 gun / 3 gun) but time/knowhow/etc has prevented it so far....  

But alas!  I am finally in a position where I have weekends off and a LITTLE more free time...

Not Positive if I can make the Sept. 9th class (i'm taking the 1st and 2nd off for Bird season and don't know if I can get that friday off too...)

If I can't make it on the 9th, I will be up for a class after that...

Thanks for all you guys do for us "little people"  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Tagged for other classes. Had to sell me AR but another one is in the immediate future!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 tag.

I need to get back to a more serious level of commitment in maintaining proficiency in practical firearms use.  Participating in these types of matches my be one of the best ways to do this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
All you need for the two gun matches are a rifle and a shotgun, 2-3 magazines for your rifle, a box or two of birdshot, 5-10 slugs, and 100-150 rounds of rifle ammo, and a pocket to shove shit in.

Hmmm..   I've got a Sig, a FAL, an AR15 lower and some cheap shit. Sounds like I'm still shit outta luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm..   I've got a Sig, a FAL, an AR15 lower and some cheap shit. Sounds like I'm still shit outta luck!

talk to the cav arms/ameetec guys. they have helped people "plug the holes" in their equipment needs for matches.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen people at the Rio match that used SKS, AKs, FALs, M1As and even M1Garands!   Also,  the people with tricked out M-4s do just as good/bad as the people with plain AR15A2s.  You don't need a lot of high tech gear.   You need a fairly accurate,  reliable rife and a high capacity shotgun with ghost ring sights. Then you can figure our what you want/need in terms of gear.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#27]
tagggggarrrooo. I'm gonna have to make room for this on my schedule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top