Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:26:10 PM EDT
The_Macallan posted a thread at another gun forum regarding stomach flu.  So, I'm sitting here not wanting to do much but vegitate, considering the current state of my intestinal distress.  My neighbor, knowing that my wife went to her parents without me to have dinner, has his daughter bring me over a plate of food.

Now, my neighbor makes the best damn ribs on the planet.  He's from Texas, and there is not a restaurant here in town that has anything on his barbeque.  So, I sit staring at a plate of roasted potatoes, barbeque beans with chilli peppers, and VERY seasoned barbequed ribs slatherred with sauce.  Of course I inhaled it.  There's sauce on the keyboard.  Now I'm waiting to see how long before the rent is due on the food.  

Really, should I have turned down the food?  God I hope I'm over this stomach flu.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Hobbs... There is an old saying and i think it goes something like this.... " Better to have tasted twice then to have never tasted at all"  LOL Hope it all works out ok.

P.S. I sure could use a Good Ol' Plate of Texas BBQ!! I left Texas about 20 years ago and haven't had real BBQ since!!! If I buy you a new keyboard can I eat the BBQ'd one at your house? I bet it's better than most BBQ round here......
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, it's good stuff alright.  Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I've made it about 45 minutes now.  I feel the urge to sign off the computer and do some paperwork.  You should hear the stomach growling!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, assuming you know your BBQ and the neighbor is that good a cook, weell dayum - ya had to eat it.

Here is hoping the rent is late
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So, howd it go for you? Hope your feeling better.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely, thanks for checkin'.  Seemed like a 24 hour bug.  I guess I should count myself lucky, considering the amount of fluids I lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top