Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:31:09 AM EDT
I need to have a ban period colt’s barrel threaded for a flash suppressor.
Anyplace in Tucson you guys recommend?
Any idea how much it costs?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
honestly, I dont think there are any gunsmiths here in tucson who would do it.
phoenix is the mecca of evil black rifles and would be your best bet
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
any competent gunsmith or machine shop can do it.  my reccomendation would be to ship it to www.azexarms.com.

otherwise, contact neanderthal, he should have some contacts or know of some machine shop down there that can handle it.

if you do go to a machinist, take a USGI flashider with you so they have something to base their measurements off of if they end up single pointing it.

shouldnt cost you more than a $100 or so.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]

shouldnt cost you more than a $100 or so.

If a quote is anywhere near that price, I would send it to ADCO. I don't think they're anymore than $50 not including shipping.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps GG&G, worth giving them a call.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure on guys in Tuscon, but Steve at ADCO Firearms in Toledo, Ohio and Derek of Arizona Expert Arms in Gilbert, Arizona are two guys who have done this kind of work for me and would recommend either one seeing how they both did an excellent job and offer really good prices for their services.  One of a few issues to consider when sending the barrel off somewhere far, far away is shipping cost to and from the person doing the work.  In my opinion, it can be kind of expensive.  So go local if you find someone competent enough or talk to Derek and he'll get you squared away.  Good luck on getting your barrel normalized.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]
DGibson

I take my stuff up to Phoenix.

Derek at www.azexarms.com did all my barrel work.

If you have to get it done here in Tucson-GGG or Murphys guns. Cost no clue?

Just take a friday off and run up to Phoenix and have Derek take care of it for you.

Just call and make sure he will be there.

Neanderthal
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Derek did 2 of mine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
dont even bother with murphy's right now they're so backlogged on gunsmith work that they arent taking any new work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Bring it to me here in Florence, and I'll take it up to the AZEx shop.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like I will drive it up to Phoenix, At least I will get an In & Out burger out of it.

4X4 animal style MMMMMM

Now I just need to decide on the flash suppressor I want :)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Call first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top