Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 12:11:31 PM EDT
I will post a copy of this in the General Discussions.

Are there ANY of you that hear about towns near Prescott that say "Eww... I would rather not live there" and why? Crime? Whitetrash?

Just curious.

Example. Here in CA, if you were to move to Riverside and say "I am moving to Fontana," we would say "Do you HAVE to?"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a issue with any of the places near Prescott. THe crime is fairly low and it is no were near as hot as the Valley is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
While not having any crime issues, Chino Valley doesn't really have anything going for it...  

I think they have a McDonald's now...?

Mike
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a crime statistic page from the Prescott Valley Police Dept.

www.pvaz.net/Services/police/crime.htm
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Granted, it's been about 2 yrs since I've been in Chino. But when I was there last, I couldn't understand why all the trailer/mobile homes? Why not build a "regular" house, add a little architecture, etc? Kinda cheapened the look of the whole place, IMHO.
Temps are way nice than the Valley......just about any place is!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a dupe from the general board.
I've lived in Prescott since 1978.

I had a new house built 8 years ago, 3BR, 2bath, 2 car garage, 1550Sq Ft - 163K.

IMO, there is crime anywhere you go but I don't think it's terribly bad here. Maybe one murder a year (usually domestic), typical burglaries. When I first moved here I never locked my front door however I do now...

Prescott Valley (to the South) and Chino Valley (to the North) are both about 18 miles from prescott.
Chino Valley is a small town mostly ranch/cowboy type - I'm not going to say mobile home city, but.... Chino Valley would be my last choice.
Prescott Valley is about half the size of Prescott but is growing rapidly, real estate there is much less than in Prescott.

Prescott by far would be the prefered place to live but it does cost more - it's also the prettiest place to live.

Good paying jobs are very scarce. It's mostly a retirement town.

I love it here and wouldn't want to move anywhere else!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
... Mayer
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
crownking
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Ashfork..It be just down the road.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Cottonwood Rottenwood
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top