Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:52:19 AM EDT
I need to have a suppressor takedown tool constructed.  The thing is user maintainable, but I need a wrench-like thing for taking it apart.

It'd be a flat 4" - 6" piece of steel with two 1/8" pins.  A real bad drawing might look like:

or it could be like this:

Help..?  I've got cash.  :-)

Mike
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure I could make something like that up. Price would be reflected on how nice you want it to be. Can you post a pic of the part it needs to fit? Doesn't the suppressor manufacture sell a the right tool?

Kevin
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
... You got cash? / We got parts!

...Naw Mike, just IM me some dimensions including how long the pins need to be, I'll make you one au gratis this weekend.

... I need to give my new shop some exercise before my chopper kit arrives!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... You got cash? / We got parts!

...Naw Mike, just IM me some dimensions including how long the pins need to be, I'll make you one au gratis this weekend.

... I need to give my new shop some exercise before my chopper kit arrives!

Hmm.  Ruler...  Ruler...  It's in a box in my house SOMEWHERE...  Now, which box was it..?  

Free this evening?  I could drop by with it for measurements....

Mike
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
... Hey Mike

... Sorry bro, I was just instructed to get on a plane now to St. Louis, MO. Seems we're having problems with the C17 Globemaster III nose line there. Gotta go save the day!

... I'll check in later, but I may have to wait until next week to make your wrench dude

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... Hey Mike

... Sorry bro, I was just instructed to get on a plane now to St. Louis, MO. Seems we're having problems with the C17 Globemaster III nose line there. Gotta go save the day!

... I'll check in later, but I may have to wait until next week to make your wrench dude

No prob-- have fun in MO!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, you can fab one yourself without much trouble.  Just drill holes in a piece of steel and pound in roll pins.  That's the way my takedown tool works (round piece of aluminum with roll pins pounded in).  The parts should be readily available at a hardware store.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
if you dont got the facilities to do it, come on out to the civilized world.  we can make one in a few minutes at my place.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
if you dont got the facilities to do it, come on out to the civilized world.  we can make one in a few minutes at my place.

Hmm...  Civilized world.....

Mike
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
... Just got home Mike, I'm beat but if you haven't got your shit together yet, come by this weekend. We'll fabricate one.

... BTW, the C-17 line is awesome, I'd consider working there (yes, got an offer today) but it is Missouri after all
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... Just got home Mike, I'm beat but if you haven't got your shit together yet, come by this weekend. We'll fabricate one.

... BTW, the C-17 line is awesome, I'd consider working there (yes, got an offer today) but it is Missouri after all

Don't know much bout em, but they are frickin large
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top