Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 1:22:14 AM EDT
After realizing that I work in a shit-paying shit-hours shit-job anti-gun hellhole with the manager that threw out a few ARFCOM fellows a few months back I find that AMC(American Multi-Cinema) is not the place for me. I know guns, not movies.

Anyone want to hire a 17 year old USN DEP member with a strong passion for guns and is willing to do any job the hardest he can just because it is the job he has to do? I will learn anything and do anything required if it means working with firearms(almost).

Or at least remind me that better things are coming than this shit....

FYI I am not being a bitch, I just realized that AMC is wrong. So very wrong...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Or at least remind me that better things are coming than this shit....

At 17, there are still lots of Chicky snax, and parties, and jobs in your future.
At least you seem to have the focus to decide what's right for you, so never let go of your dreams, and live it to the fullest.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
No need to take a vow of poverty to work in the firearms industry at such a young age.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I am not being a bitch.

You're female
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you thought about getting into the adult film industry.  Start out fluffing and work your way up to STAR Tea Bagger!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have you thought about getting into the adult film industry.  Start out fluffing and work your way up to STAR Tea Bagger!

Or if Bad_Aim is female, a Carpet Bagger.

AB
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No need to take a vow of poverty to work in the firearms industry at such a young age.

All I know is that if my parents give written consent that I am allowed to work in the industry before 18 and neither my parents signing the consent nor myself have been prohibited from selling firearms, I am legally allowed to do it. Maybe I need to go look around some shops to see if they need any help...

And no I am not female. People who "Bitch" and commonly referred to as "bitches" as well. No gender, just label.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Go apply at Dillon, maybe you can get a job in the warehouse or something. Maybe try to get a job at Sports Authority or a sporting goods place and work in their hunting, fishing and camping department.

You'll have a rough time finding a gun store that will hire a 17 year old kid to sell guns. You'll have a hard time communicating with the average 40 year old customer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry, we only take in Wayward Girls at AZEX.

D.
AZEX

PICS!   ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I decided that it was a shitty place on June 2nd when I started there.

I realized that I could do much much better on June 3rd, but nowhere was hiring.

I came to the conclusion that I need to get the fuck out of there before the holidays 1 week ago when I heard stories of working on Christmas for some shit-ass movie theatre.

My specialty is firearms. That is my projected job for the USN and that is my hobby and passion.

Also, getting paid in free movies instead of money is kinda a shitty thing(5.45/hr). There just isnt anything right about that damn place.

You are right, though. No firearms place would hire me to even wipe the counters or arrange stock, much less sell something. All well...

For the record, I DO work with the EXACT manager(his name is Ryan) that kicked a couple ARFCOMmers  a couple months ago for open carry. He told me the story and everything after I questioned him about the "No Firearms" signs.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Ouch, minimum wage up here is $7.16.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I worked at harkins on 67th ave and Thomas and since it was in a "bad area" are starting pay was $5.15 and it took awhile to get a raise which meant you had to pass a 6+ page test and then you could make $5.30.  The job sucked, the pay sucked and hours sucked.  I "got out" when I busted my knee(and no i didnt slip on the butter).  I had a friend that worked at an AMC and said it was no better but atleast he got paid more then me.

Ive been waiting until I turn 21 to get a job at a gun shop if possible while I go to school but other jobs have been hard to come by.

Good luck on your quest for work.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck on your quest for work. It sucks looking for work. I have been unemployed for 9 months now. Oh well, anyone out there willing to hire an unemployed electronics major in his second semester at mcc.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#15]
The military is almost always hiring.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hes Delayed Enlistment already.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

D.
AZEX

Do they gotta be three hole qualified?

AZEX home of the three hole match...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hes Delayed Enlistment already.

Gunners Mate, Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen.

Guns again. I leave for boot next August.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sinistral, just in case you were implying that I agreed with "Ryan"...I was FAR from saying I agreed with him. I even told him that open carry was legal and it made no sense to me whatsoever.

I get pissed every time I see those signs on the doors when I walk in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

D.
AZEX

PICS!   ?

The really cute one got the boot. The chunky one is still working.

Ask W_W for pics.

D.
AZEX

Damn you!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Truly a shame.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

D.
AZEX

PICS!   ?

Ask W_W for pics.

D.
AZEX

[Nancy Kerrigan] WHY?....WHY?.....WHY? [/Nancy Kerrigan]  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That sounds like a fun job.

Unless you are serving on Kerry's boat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

D.
AZEX

PICS!   ?

Ask W_W for pics.

D.
AZEX

Damn you!

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a fun job.

Unless you are serving on Kerry's boat.

I was quite sad the day I found out that all the "swiftboat" shit they were spewing about him was my job. I gave just a big "god damn it" when I heard.

Either way, I get M60's and miniguns and and and....

Sounds fun to me, too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Do we still have the right to CCW into AMC theater's.

Or was that right taken away from us too. Because someone had to make a big stink, about  Arizona being Open Carry State.

If CCW is out too. Thanks a Fuckin Lot, to you open carry hero's.

Arizona does and has had a CCW for awhile now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Do we still have the right to CCW into AMC theater's.

Or was that right taken away from us too. Because someone had to make a big stink, about  Arizona being Open Carry State.

If CCW is out too. Thanks a Fuckin Lot, to you open carry hero's.

Arizona does and has had a CCW for awhile now.

CCW in that theater was alway out...if the policy was "no guns" it mattered not if it were concealed or open.

Of course, the argument will now be made that "well, they had no signs, so what they didn't see wouldn't hurt them...."

However, that lack of sign also meant that there was no apparent prohibition on open carry.

No open carry permitted = no concealed carry permitted.

So, Arizona has CCW?  If people keep making pariahs out of those of us who decide to carry openly, you will ultimately have what Texas has...no open carry of handguns, period.

Then that RIGHT to keep and bear arms becomes the PRIVILEGE, all because some folks wanted a little piece of paper saying it was OK to untuck their shirt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You are quite welcome for my friends and myself forcing AMC theatres to wear their policy on their sleave.  If they do only have a 3x3" signs they are clearly afraid that displaying a reasonably sized sign would cause them to lose revenue.  I am certain that many CCW holders continue to carry into AMC either ignoring the sign, or ignorant of its presence entirely....just as I know many CCW holders carry into bars and other legally prohibited places because their "permits" make them feel above the law and subscribe to the "out of sight, out of mind" school of thought.

Or perhaps they are ignoring the signs because they believe that Article 2, Section 26 of the Arizona Constitution means exactly what it says.

If Carrying Openly is BAD for gun rights, then the state of Virginia should be absolutely awash with new anti-gun laws.

Instead, they've gotten stuff repealed, and pro-gun laws passed.

"How?" you ask?

By not being afraid to excercise their RIGHTS, versus settling for a few token privileges like being able to untuck their shirt.

Again...how would the Civil Rights movement have progressed if Rosa Parks had been told to just shut up and move to the back of the bus...by her own people...since it might hurt their cause?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#36]

I don't have a problem with open carry. I opened carried for many years before getting my CCW.

I don't have a problem with exercising our gun rights of open carry.  I even like to open carry.

As for open carry in a theater, I never tried it, due to the large amount of kids that attend theater's. So I concealed carry, after I received my CCW. This was legal because they had no signs posted.

What bums me out is, there was no signs on the entrance to the theaters before. Now there is.
Even if they do have a no gun policy. Without the signs at the entrance. It's hard for them to enforce their right of no guns allowed.  I use to be able to CCW to a movie. Not anymore.

What if you had a 21 year old daughter or your wife decided to go to a movie without you. And they wanted to CCW  for protection. Due to, they may have to go back to their car, by themselves at night. Now they can't because the theater was forced,  by you, to show their right of no guns in there theater.

As for thinking you have put a big dent in customers suportting the theater. Due to the No Gun policy and signs posted at the entrance.  You are very wrong.  Teenage kids are the ones that support movie theaters. Just like in the music industry. You just screwed it up for those of us, that would ccw to the movie.

So you opened carried before into a movie theater. Then they finally asked you to leave. If you would of left and it ended there. I doubt they would of posted any No Gun signs at all there theater's. Without the signs we could ccw.

The point I'm making,  is you had to push it to the point. Where you forced them to put up the signs. This was unecessary and they will still make a shit load of money.

Thanks again and I'm sure all the other ccw people thank you to.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I would just like to thank gun owners like Carbine10 and so many NRA members "Sportsmen" with his attitude for the gun laws that we are crippled by today.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Oh so I created those gun laws. Your welcome!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I think we should be capitalizing on the momentum provided by Alaska when they go no-permit CCW passed.

We could still have our permitting system, which would allow for non-NICS purchases, CCW in reciprocal states, etc.  Those not wanting to kiss the Government Ring won't have to, but will "suffer" the consequences of NICS checks on new guns and no CCW in other states (ex. Vermont and AK).

The NRA is basically against the idea because CCW permitting systems present a "full employment act" for NRA-certified instructors.  Nothing in a decriminalization or permitless-CCW would change that, but right now the Guild has a monopoly on 'blessing' us as having passed the PRIVILEGE of untucking our shirts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#42]
The way we do it is to setup some anti-gun legislation and have it rail roaded all the way, and at the last moment change it to a vermont style CCW law....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Signs? What signs? Those teeny tiny 3"x3" see through things at the bottom right corner of each entry door going into the place?

Nah, I didnt see any of those. Sorry. They probably need to buy bigger signs.

D.
AZEX

maybe someone should do them a favor and post bigger ones?

I carry anyway. Fuck them. What fucking sign? I can't read!! Are you making fun of my disability??
I'll SUE YOU!!!!!! Concealed carry is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I carry anyway. Fuck them. What fucking sign? I can't read!! Are you making fun of my disability??

... I pretty much concur with this position
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Concealed carry is the way to go.

+3
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#47]

I'm glad some of you agree with me about carry conceal. But I wont ccw into a business with a sign posted. I don't want to loose my ccw priviledge. I'll just have to leave my gun in my truck now.

I truely wish we could  have a national law, like Vermont.  But we don't. We have Arizona law. If we could change AZ law, to that of Vermont. I'll be glad to vote and support it.

As Alan Korwin has, in his section about Arizona Open Carry, of his Arizona Gun Owner's Guide book. He states that in the larger cities you see less open cary in these modern times. While in the small country towns, you will see more open carry. I know the new Arizona CCW law has changed the way most Arizonian's carrry there guns. More tend to opp to CCW.

Alot of people decide to get a CCW, so they attract less attention to themselves. They also like what CCW instructors preach about the element of surprise and not being a target for criminals. And the easy process of purchasing a gun. And the occasions of being let out of a traffic ticket. I know this works personlly.

All I was stating earlier is, I was able to ccw at a movie theater. And I can't now, because someone pushed a business owner, to do something they probally didn't want to do. That is, post a No Gun sign at the entrance of there business. Which all Arizona business's have the right to do. Along with many ccw holders like myself, brought there gun concealed to a movie it was no big deal. And with people carring pagers, cell phones, and palm pilots on their hips. It isn't that easy for most people to tell if your concealing a gun.  I know this for a fact, due to talikng to people and even LEO's and they didn't know I had a gun, until I told them.

I, in NO way, want the Arizona Open Carry law to go away. Nor do I want the CCW law to go away.  If a handful of gun owner's went to every Arizona business with open carry. And it was frowned on by the business owner, due to response from other paying customers. And you made a big deal about Arizona being a open carry state. You would  more than likely force many business owner's to do something they don't want to do. Post a No Gun's sign at their store entrance. Why force a business owner to do this, since we have a CCW law. Don't give me the Wal Mart crap. They had to take the signs down, due to they sell guns, ammo, and hunting gear. Also the Wal Mart by my house, has never put up no gun signs.

I know it's your right to open carry, it's ours too. But if you would of carry concealed to the movie. More than likely  no signs would of been posted and you wouldn't of been kicked out,. Even though they kicked you out. I bet if you would of ended it there. No signs would of been posted. The problem is you forced a business to do what is their right and post the sign. This isn't going to cost them to go out of business. And yes more teenagers and kids with there parents are the biggest supporters of the movie industry.  G, PG and PG13 rated movies make way more money then R rated movies.

So please don't go around and make more business post those terrible signs. Your hurting the rest of us and our freedom with ccw.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

<rambling snipped>

All I was stating earlier is, I was able to ccw at a movie theater. And I can't now, because someone pushed a business owner, to do something they probally didn't want to do.

You were able to CCW at a movie theater, as THEY HAD BEEN ALLOWED TO OPEN CARRY IN THE VERY SAME THEATER FOR THREE YEARS PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.

What part of that are you having trouble understanding?

Carrying-openly into that theater for three years without being asked to leave is a TACIT approval by management of open carry. Considering no signs were posted, and no one had passed out "AMC R00lz of m0vie Watching" to all customers, how in the bloody hell was anyone supposed to know that open-carry was not allowed in AMC Theatres?

You're right on at least one thing though; someone DID push a business owner to do something they didn't want to.

That person was liberal super Suzie S0kkermommy, who bitched about it to management in the first place.

But then again, we don't hear you complaining about her. Instead you're complaining about gunowners who want management to maintain a consistent policy and INFORM their customers of their policies instead of kowtowing to the nearest whiny soccer mom.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top