Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:03:19 PM EDT
I have a friend with limited shooting experience that just moved to Prescott to attend Embry Riddle University. Before he moved here I told him that when he got here I would take him shooting, well that day is here.

This weekend I want to take him for an all day shoot/bbq, but I need to find a good place between PHX and Prescott that we can set up a small day camp and some targets and have a little fun without being surrounded by idots that must want to kill me, otherwise they wouldn't keep pointing their guns at me.

This young man worked hard to get into Embry Riddle, I want him to have some fun.

So, anybody have a place I can go?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Table Mesa road..head north up I-17 past new river.look for table mesa off ramp..
follow it till you see a guy selling hotdogs..'NO SHIT''!!!!.........Plenty pull off areas to shoot....
have fun....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Table Mesa road..head north up I-17 past new river.look for table mesa off ramp..
follow it till you see a guy selling hotdogs..'NO SHIT''!!!!.........Plenty pull off areas to shoot....
have fun....

Yeah, I've shot there, I was hoping for something closer to Prescott though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Take Senator highway south from Prescott. It turns to dirt road. A couple of miles south there is a place the locals use. Might stop in at J&G and ask them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Im up at Riddle too actually. There are quite a few recognized "ranges" that everyone shoots at.  One is off Dosey Pit road (you just follow the road...you will see the targets/casings/junk laying around).  There are also a few north of here.  If you are lookin to do it this weekend I wouldnt suggest anything around here as we are organizing a large clean up of all of these sites (hardly anyone picks up their shells).  There is also an active marksmanship club on campus along w/ a bunch of guys that go shoot skeet for fun every weekend.  -Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top