Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 8:47:13 AM EDT
Me and my son went up to the Rim lakes the other week and stopped at Black Canyon and Willow springs lake and got a few nibbles but nothing landed.    Pretty standard for rim area fishing in my experience.   Basically no luck at all.    Where can I find good trout fishing fairly close to Phoenix???
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Becker Lake in Springerville is regulary stocked, but ain't pretty. It's a "municipal lake".

Big Lake is good too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...  Where can I find good trout fishing fairly close to Phoenix???

... An oxymoron, but here’s the best on-line link to the State's favorite mountainous fishing holes.

www.wmonline.com/attract/Lakes.htm#a

... and

www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/where_fish_white.shtml
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
and another link full of info Here. You can see where to catch what, and if you scroll down there are links to fishing reports for each lake, river, and stream.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had remarkable luck with a fly rod on the rim lakes.

I feel most of the Rim lakes are about the same, it just depends which is better that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top