Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/5/2023 6:38:42 PM EDT
Stopped in yesterday and was sad to learn they will be closing as of this week and will consolidate with their circleville location. Not sure of any other details but sorry to see them go
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. I actually bought there a few times when it was Gun Envy. But you had better know what you were doing.

Hate to see it happen.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Are Gun Envy lowers a collectors item now?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun Envy ruled. Excalibur not so much. Sorry to see the location close, but they tried to rip off my FIL by claiming his Colt .357 wasn’t worth anything and offering $100. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am surprised they even stayed open a year.

GE use to get 100% of my transfers even with their socially awkward employees
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
On a side note, it still amazes me how Gun World in Hilliard is still in business.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a side note, it still amazes me how Gun World in Hilliard is still in business.
View Quote

It's still open?  I remember stoping in about 20 years ago, the old man asked if I was just looking or was I going to buy something.  I said neither and turned around and walked out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's still open?  I remember stoping in about 20 years ago, the old man asked if I was just looking or was I going to buy something.  I said neither and turned around and walked out.
View Quote
talk about a grumpy old man that hates their customers, great business model!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are Gun Envy lowers a collectors item now?
View Quote

I hope so!

I’m still mad at myself for letting them talk me into one one time. Even let them engrave it as I thought I was going to SBR it. It’s complete trash. Not even hard coat anodized. I’ve seriously contemplated throwing the damn thing away.

The only good that came out of gun envy for me was when they got closed down my tax stamp got approved in record time as a result.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
ya the guy at gun world is work of art. But how many of you ever met Zane from Zanes gun rack when he was alive. lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Just better for Cap City Outfitters, Chris is a class act.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just better for Cap City Outfitters, Chris is a class act.
View Quote

Spot on post! I love Cap City Outfitters! Chris has an excellent knowledge base and is great to talk with when he's free.
I'm a "frequent flier" there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Spot on post! I love Cap City Outfitters! Chris has an excellent knowledge base and is great to talk with when he's free.
View Quote
and Chris is very friendly, genuine, patient and not socially awkward like 90% of gun store people.

he was great with communications with the transfer of my Barrett QDL
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ya the guy at gun world is work of art. But how many of you ever met Zane from Zanes gun rack when he was alive. lol
View Quote

I lived on East Dominion, not far from there when I was a freshman in High School.  

He was always there with the dogs. Always walking around with his price gun. Sorting out all the stuff in there.  It was all over the place but he knew where everything was.

He knew where everything was. I remember the Japanese skull on one side. I  bought my first K98 style gun there.  It was a Polish WZ-29.  I wanted a K98 but didn't know the difference then. I think it was $150

It was a fun place to look around in. Stacks of guns, ammo, swords and all kinds of things.  I was told when he died (was murdered) that there were at least 2 storage units filled with at least as much stuff as he had in the store.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
and Chris is very friendly, genuine, patient and not socially awkward like 90% of gun store people.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I forget about Cap City Outfitters.  Been in a few times and they were great, but the stir is in the small side.   I'm getting ready to buy my first supresor.  I'll bet they are good for that
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
If you need an Alternative for Transfers, American Gun crafters in Gahanna is top notch.

Shop's that were around when I was a kid that are gone now.

Norcoles on Cleveland Ave north of Vance's by Yummy Donuts. My favorite shop.

Davis Guns.

Original Powder Room.

Of course Zane's. Was never a fan but sad the way his story ended.

Yeah I can't believe Gun world in Hilliard is still around.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you need an Alternative for Transfers, American Gun crafters in Gahanna is top notch.

Shop's that were around when I was a kid that are gone now.

Norcoles on Cleveland Ave north of Vance's by Yummy Donuts. My favorite shop.

Davis Guns.

Original Powder Room.

Of course Zane's. Was never a fan but sad the way his story ended.

Yeah I can't believe Gun world in Hilliard is still around.
View Quote
I miss the Powder Room. It was the kind of place you could pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee (or 10), and just shoot the shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I miss the Powder Room. It was the kind of place you could pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee (or 10), and just shoot the shit.
View Quote
is it the same place that's in West Jeff now, previously in Powell?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a pellet pistol from Zane's on High St in the late 1970's. He had a little bit of everything in that store. I seem to remember he was killed in a shoot out with robbers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Damn, I forget about Cap City Outfitters.  Been in a few times and they were great, but the stir is in the small side.   I'm getting ready to buy my first supresor.  I'll bet they are good for that
View Quote

I can confirm, they are excellent for that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wife and I were in Hilliard on Saturday, I said the same thing to her. I also remember going to Zane's back in the early 90's. Didn't realize Gun Envy was gone. Bought my first 308 battle rifle from them, a Cetme from Century. Lived to regret that purchase. GE was in Grove City at the time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I’ll second that.  All around great shop!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought a pellet pistol from Zane's on High St in the late 1970's. He had a little bit of everything in that store. I seem to remember he was killed in a shoot out with robbers.
View Quote

same here, I bought my first pellet gun from him in 1974  and yes he died from a robbery attempt.  

But the real robbery happened with the City of Columbus police and the ATF went hand picking in the shop.   Dirty bastards!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

same here, I bought my first pellet gun from him in 1974  and yes he died from a robbery attempt.  

But the real robbery happened with the City of Columbus police and the ATF went hand picking in the shop.   Dirty bastards!
View Quote
holy crap, i was still learning to walk
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top