Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 1:01:44 PM EDT
'ho,
My father passed away coming up on a year soon and we are getting my mother to move down to central Ohio with us.  Since they had a septic system it needs inspected before the sale.  The county came out last week and did the inspection.  

According to him, it failed.  Wrote: "Ran water for approximately 30 minutes.  Water level rose out of the septic tank and into the risers.  Unable to locate the discharge pipe in the road ditch.  Not able to obtain a sample due to water not being able to pass through the filter bed.  It appears that the filter bed is plugged.  Water cannot adequately flow through the filter bed so it backs up and rises in the septic tank. "

1. would the inability to find the discharge pipe cause the filter bed to be blocked causing the filling of the tank?
and
2. Anyone know of a reputable service in the area?  My father used Tim Franks, and the neighbor said to call Potters.

I'll be giving them a call, just reaching out here for any advice/ info.

Danke!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Steigerwald does mine nice people
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
In that area, I’ve always heard people recommend Tim Frank.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Here to suggest this.  But I'll add King Brothers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks All.  Tim was the first one we called.  He serviced the tank for my dad for a while.  They were booking out into the end of May.  Wanted to get a few other quotes for my mom.  Tim said they could try blowing out the field and hopefully that'll help drain it.  No guarantees though.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top