Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2021 12:52:35 PM EDT
Does anyone have info on the 2021 Dayton Airshow.  I've seen the website, so I know Thunderbirds, etc.  What I'm specifically interested in are the solo military performance demonstrations.  I've always thought those were the best part of the show.  Any info out there yet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic moved?  

What.....?

[Last Edit: 8/29/2014 6:49:31 PM EDT by Eric802] Report
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone have info on the 2021 Dayton Airshow.  I've seen the website, so I know Thunderbirds, etc.  What I'm specifically interested in are the solo military performance demonstrations.  I've always thought those were the best part of the show.  Any info out there yet?
View Quote

Check here: https://daytonairshow.com/2021-2/featured-performers-2021/

Looks like Thunderbirds and F/A-18F Super Hornet and C-17.

You can check their Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/DaytonAirShow
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there any place nearby that would be good to watch the flybys?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen people parked in a few church parking lots north of the airport heading towards Tipp City. Some of those churches might possibly take the weekend off due to noise ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I spent years going to the airshow.  In fact our company bought about 10 tables back in the day for clients, etc.  That goes back to the '80's.  Probably the best solo demonstration act I saw was the F-14.  I was hoping to see a 22 or 35.  The Super Hornet won't suck, but...  I don't know if they even bring the newest aircraft to shows yet?

Actually, I just looked it up, there are a few 22 and 35 demos.  Only 1 each IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen people parked in a few church parking lots north of the airport heading towards Tipp City. Some of those churches might possibly take the weekend off due to noise ?
View Quote

Any recommendations?

I want to take my twin 2 year old sons down. I didn’t think they’ll last long enough to actually take them into the show but would like to park somewhere and let them watch from the truck bed if possible
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is there any place nearby that would be good to watch the flybys?
View Quote
west end of the runway, National Rd & Dog Leg Rd.
I used to watch from there all the time when it was a Thrifty office - I designed it for my boss, and ran it for a few years.
Took these with an old digital camera, in 2007 from the front parking lot.
These aren't the best pics, but considering they were taken with a 2 MP camera back then.
I used some pics that show the light poles, to show how close the aircraft were.

The new property is Park N Go Airport Parking.  The owner is a good guy, and may let you sit on the lot, if you ask ahead of time. ask for Brian if you can stop by during the week.
Also, north of 40, they have expanded and added some industrial buildings, may be opportunities there.

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I live right behind the airport. Go to Union Park Boulevard then down to dog leg turn right and park there. Right by the new Crocs building. The parking lot on St Rt 40 by the PNC bank is a good spot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Went today, had a good time. Kids loved it.  Weather was crappy but otherwise had fun.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Was you camera broken?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was you camera broken?
View Quote

I don’t really have a “nice” camera and I was wrangling all the kiddos by myself

This is the best I got and it’s a junk picture from my phone

Attachment Attached File
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top