Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/22/2021 6:11:16 PM EDT
What’s your favorite pizza place in Ohio?  

I find it hard to narrow down

Everytime we go to the lake we have to get Bakers in bucyrus, very good.

Adriaticos and catfish biffs were staples when I went to Ohio state

Ron’s in mt Vernon is delicious

What’s your favorite in Ohio?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to find something great and unique in the Dayton area. Dewey's isn't it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Rubino's  in Bexley
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Coccia House in Wooster.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Adriaticos and catfish biffs were staples when I went to Ohio state
View Quote

Don't forget Gumby's giant rectangle pizza
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Wedgewood in Austintown

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I've come to the conclusion that Ohio is a great Pizza state. There are so many small places that make great pizza of all different styles it's hard to pick out the best in each region let alone the state.

I'm not claiming Ohio is THE BEST pizza state, just pointing out how great it is to have so many delicious options.

I travel quite a lot to Texas and Oklahoma and lots of other southern states and I'm always shocked how hard it is to find good non-chain pizza at normal take-out prices. It's often either a restaurant chain or you pay out the nose. It's really kind of annoying.

As OP mentioned Adriaticos is pretty good, and if you live near one in Cincinnati or Columbus I recommend ordering the "normal" pizza crust rather than the default "thick" pizza crust, let's you enjoy the pizza flavor better rather than just chewing bread (unless you like that).

Someone mentioned Samosky's and it's damn good but for some reason it doesn't travel or re-heat very well in my experience.

Ohio Pie Co. in Brunswick may be my favorite newer place. Their pizza always seems to taste like they're using top-quality ingredients. I dare say it's a must-try if you're in the area and hungry for pizza.

Leaning Tower Pizza in Mansfield is something I recently tried and have to say it's excellent. I'll definitely stop here again.

Angelo's Pizza in Lakewood with their special crust is delish, and Fat Bob pizza in Brunswick is a great way for people who live south of Cleveland to try it without going all the way into Lakewood. You have to order the "special" crust, FYI.

A Slice Above in Middleburg also makes a great pie and before the Pandemic had some late hours.

I really miss old Fly-Pie pizza from OSU.

These are the places that came to mind right now but there are so many more.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The Pizza House. Sinclair Rd Columbus

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

With all of the old mob influences in the Youngstown area, we have a TON of good pizza.  Wedgewood, Sunrise, Vernon's, Brother's, Leo's, Salvatore's, Enzo's Vasillio's, Sorrento's I'm missing a dozen more.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Pizza House in Central OH. I have not tried pizza in other major Cities around OH but would like to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Samosky’s in Valley City
Ohio Pie in Brunswick.  
Both are amazing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd like to find something great and unique in the Dayton area. Dewey's isn't it.
View Quote
Don't know about unique but I've found these to be good.

Joe's Pizzeria on Airway.
South Park Tavern on Wayne.
Verona's in Bellbrook
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]

I need to try that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Marotta’s in Cleveland Heights is good
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Catfish & Adriaticos on campus are awesome.  I need to go back sometime & grab some.

DelCo drive thru up in Delaware has the best pizza in Delaware county, seems gross but the pizza is excellent.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#17]
There really isn't good pizza in Ohio.

In my home town of Pataskala we have Capuanos which is the best I've had here and most of the locals will agree.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ohio Pie Co. in Brunswick may be my favorite newer place. Their pizza always seems to taste like they're using top-quality ingredients. I dare say it's a must-try if you're in the area and hungry for pizza.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I keep hearing good things about this place.  I am going to have to check it out.

Quoted:

Angelo's Pizza in Lakewood with their special crust is delish, and Fat Bob pizza in Brunswick is a great way for people who live south of Cleveland to try it without going all the way into Lakewood. You have to order the "special" crust, FYI.
I grew up in Lakewood so I'm a bit biased but Angelo's is still one of my favorites.

I'm also a big fan of the pizza from The Next Door Deli at Edison's Pub in Tremont (Cleveland).  They aren't fancy or "high-end" but they make a good pizza.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#19]
People need to update their posts with pictures of the actual pizza.  Yelp and Google will surely have some to use
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't know about unique but I've found these to be good.

Joe's Pizzeria on Airway.
South Park Tavern on Wayne.
Verona's in Bellbrook
View Quote

Spinoza's in Beavercreek Mall -- with good beer selection

Wheat Penny (Downtown) -- Wife/Daughter like, have extensive menu

I don't mind Dewey's -- but my hands are tied since I have to make sure establishment also has GF Pizza for Wife/Daughter

And I have never understood the love for Marion's -- my opinin it is crap pizza with horrible customer service establishment

UK
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Forgot Beavercreek Pizza Dive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Marion’s, several in Dayton area. Been here over 50 years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I keep hearing good things about this place.  I am going to have to check it out.

I grew up in Lakewood so I'm a bit biased but Angelo's is still one of my favorites.

I'm also a big fan of the pizza from The Next Door Deli at Edison's Pub in Tremont (Cleveland).  They aren't fancy or "high-end" but they make a good pizza.

View Quote

The thing that always kills me about Edison's is they tell you this insane wait time for a basic pepperoni pizza, but whenever you show up, it's "just coming out of the oven."  It has never failed.  They probably make 20 of those a night just to sell by-the-slice, so there is always one coming out of the oven.

There used to be a place in Olmsted Falls that was amazing, but the guy retired and didn't sell recipe or name..  I guess none of these guys trust anyone to run the place the same way.

The thing about pizza in Ohio is that there are so many variations that it is hard to say what is best.  There are so many choices and styles, along with little family-owmed shops hidden away, that I don't see how you can pick one.  If you want charred and smoky, there's a place for that.  If you want thick and chewy, we have that.  Sicilian?  No problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#24]
One of the better pizza places is The Olive Branch in Canal Winchester.  Really good brick oven style pizza!

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m probably in the minority, but I’m not a fan of Marion’s. I’d rather have Cassano’s or even a Totino’s frozen pizza.

I like Hickory Inn Pizza in Springfield, too!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’m probably in the minority, but I’m not a fan of Marion’s. I’d rather have Cassano’s or even a Totino’s frozen pizza.

I like Hickory Inn Pizza in Springfield, too!
View Quote

I am with you on Marions
-- Why people like is beyond my ability to understand
-- Barely above frozen pizza is an accurate description
-- and what makes it worse is their customer service
---- they use to (probably still do) re-price bags of potato chips to make them more expensive
---- no free refills on drinks (Coke)
---- Used to be cash only (been a while for me), No CC, they have a ATM in lobby that charges you for withdraws
---- I could go on why the experience sucks but please experience yourself

Forgot to mention
-- Old Scratch is decent pizza
-- Downtown Dayton and Washington Township

UK
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Coccia House in Wooster.

View Quote

Came here to post this
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Too many to list -

Another vote for Angelos.  I also grew up in Lakewood, and it is a staple.  However, after the RNC, I may need to wait about 5 more years before I eat it again.  I have never seen so much Angelos pizza in my life....

Danny Boys (any of their locations)

Crust is pretty good.  Tremont location seems to be better than the downtown one. (that also have one of the best sandwiches I have EVER had)

The Map Room in downtown Cleveland has good pizza.

I have never been, but someone mentioned Edisons. That is supposed to be awesome.

Mama Santos in Little Italy was amazing the few times I had it, but that was years ago.

For chains, Deweys and Upper crust are hard to beat.

Surprisingly Kalahari's house pizza is pretty darn good, but super friggin expensive "resort pricing" keeps me away from it.

I am sure there are plenty more that I am forgetting.

ETA - Someone mentioned the city of Youngstown.  There is a guy on here whose screen name escapes me.  I think he has a lab swimming with an orange bumper for his avatar?  He claims the Youngstown area has some amazing pizza??  I think Youngstown is more depressing than the cancer ward, so I avoid it at all costs, but apparently, they have some good pizza out there??
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA - Someone mentioned the city of Youngstown.  There is a guy on here whose screen name escapes me.  I think he has a lab swimming with an orange bumper for his avatar?  He claims the Youngstown area has some amazing pizza??  I think Youngstown is more depressing than the cancer ward, so I avoid it at all costs, but apparently, they have some good pizza out there??
View Quote

Yes, a lot of long-running and really good local pizza places in the Youngstown area, thanks to the heavy Italian influence.  We even have a local style called Briar-Hill.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am with you on Marions
-- Why people like is beyond my ability to understand
-- Barely above frozen pizza is an accurate description
-- and what makes it worse is their customer service
---- they use to (probably still do) re-price bags of potato chips to make them more expensive
---- no free refills on drinks (Coke)
---- Used to be cash only (been a while for me), No CC, they have a ATM in lobby that charges you for withdraws
---- I could go on why the experience sucks but please experience yourself

Forgot to mention
-- Old Scratch is decent pizza
-- Downtown Dayton and Washington Township

UK
View Quote

I thought ARFcom didn't like being forced to use electronic payment, not the other way around. They started taking CC 8 years ago anyway. Who doesn't have enough cash for a pizza?
If I go out to eat I'm not getting a bag of chips. Do resturants you go to sell food at the same price as a grocery?
Coke refills? That stuff is crap anyway, I never drink pop.

Those all seem like unusual reasons to not like them. The pizza is a person preference but they sure have lots of business, not mine because I eat keto now.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Krause's Pizza in Canton.  Andover Gulf gas station. Augies in Mayfield if it's still around.
View Quote

When you didn’t choose the Ashtabula county life but the Ashtabula county life chose you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Their Pizza is good, probably the best in the area. Honorable mention to Tasty and Vicinato's in Lyndhurst.
View Quote

They put a Gulf station in Parkman and people rave about their pizza also. Must be a chain thing with those stations?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Marion's, several in Dayton area. Been here over 50 years.
View Quote
When they have their anniversaries! Good pizza, but overpriced.
I think they are more of a gimmicky/tradition than fantastic pizza.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I thought ARFcom didn't like being forced to use electronic payment, not the other way around. They started taking CC 8 years ago anyway. Who doesn't have enough cash for a pizza?
If I go out to eat I'm not getting a bag of chips. Do resturants you go to sell food at the same price as a grocery?
Coke refills? That stuff is crap anyway, I never drink pop.

Those all seem like unusual reasons to not like them. The pizza is a person preference but they sure have lots of business, not mine because I eat keto now.

View Quote

Marion's
-- took kids and chips held them over till pizza came out
-- buying 4 to 5 Pizza at Marions if not cheap, CC would of been easy
-- I like soft drink with pizza, kids drank water generally (and Marion's does but give pitcher -- allot of trips for kids refills)
-- chips, Marion's bring in tons of cash no reason to mark up the price, just being greedy
-- Marion's Atmosphere is slightly better that chuck-e-cheese with kids running around, allowed by management
-- I would assume some locations are better than others
-- if you like it great, I have not been in years since there are far better options for pizza

UK
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, a lot of long-running and really good local pizza places in the Youngstown area, thanks to the heavy Italian influence.  We even have a local style called Briar-Hill.
View Quote
Is Trax (sp?) still around? I remember getting a great steak salad with steak fries on it at that place, about 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Boone Saloon between Enon and Springfield
Colonial in Cedarville
Generations in Wilmington
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Boone Saloon between Enon and Springfield
Colonial in Cedarville
Generations in Wilmington
View Quote

I grew up on Colonial Pizza.  I’ll add Purple Monkey in South Charleston.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is Trax (sp?) still around? I remember getting a great steak salad with steak fries on it at that place, about 20 years ago.
View Quote

Yes! Their salads are HUGE, especially the taco salad, it's big enough to feed 4 people.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Samosky’s in Valley City
Ohio Pie in Brunswick.  
Both are amazing.
View Quote

^  both are very good , Ohio pie's breakfast pizza is awesome  .
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When they have their anniversaries! Good pizza, but overpriced.
I think they are more of a gimmicky/tradition than fantastic pizza.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/2021-02-23_20_14_17-Window-1838679.png
View Quote

This.  My inlaws & wife love Marions but everytime we've gone its been good pizza, but not great.   I think they love it more for the memories.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Another vote for momma Santa's in little Italy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Adriatico's New York Style Pizza

Deweys

ETA: I will give Ron's a try, I have a meeting at Knox coming up
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I am a sucker for a wood fired pizza, just something about them. I usually end up throwing a 'decent' frozen pizza on my pellet smoker/grill. Too far out for delivery and no good places close by anyways.

Been a while but is Benny's still in Marysville, seems it was good. Decent wood fired at scioto downs too. Ronnettis in London is good, not great...

ETA- Sporrano's on Trabue on Cbus' northish westside makes a pretty good pie
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Cassanos is the best chain store pizza in Southwest Ohio, however, the best "Mom and Pop" / "hole in the wall" small business pizza is Milillo's pizza in Hamilton.  I travel around the state quite a bit in the summer and I love to try small town pizza, but none holds a candle to Milillo's in Hamilton.  It is carry out only, but they offer a full line of Italian food and baked goods. Quality ingredients, and no conveyor oven like many places.  The front door has a welcome sign for concealed carry licensees!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Some good places mentioned

Keep them coming with a little break in the weather I’m going to load the kids up one day to go for a drive to one of these places
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven't tried their "Brunch" pie yet but I need to.

All brunch pies come with our signature “everything” crust and cream cheese-based white sauce (Party Sauce).
Topped with our cheese blend, scrambled eggs, and garlic oil.

https://www.ohiopieco.com/menu

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top