BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:40 AM EDT
https://www.columbusunderground.com/city-of-columbus-implements-crown-act-tm1

City of Columbus Implements CROWN Act

The legislation adds two provisions to the Columbus City Code:

“Race” is inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair textures and protective and cultural hairstyles;
“Protective and cultural hairstyles” includes, but is not limited to, such hairstyles as braids, locs, cornrows, bantu knots, afros, and twists, whether or not hair extensions or treatments are used to create or maintain any such style, and whether or not hair ornaments, beads or head wraps adorn the hair.
Further, the legislation expands discrimination to include employment, fair housing, public accommodations, and education.
View Quote

Guess these signs no longer apply
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home for the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for the buzzin' bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
We get it, employers don't like to be bossed around by the government.  Tell me something I don't know.  Why exactly should we be bothered by this ordinance?  It's saying discrimination on the basis of hair style amounts to discrimination on the basis of race.  Well, they're not wrong, even if it is clumsily written.  As long as it doesn't interfere with doing the job why does it matter to an employer?  I think you're really underestimating the importance of hair style to Black culture, that's why a law like this gets passed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We get it, employers don't like to be bossed around by the government.  Tell me something I don't know.  Why exactly should we be bothered by this ordinance?  It's saying discrimination on the basis of hair style amounts to discrimination on the basis of race.  Well, they're not wrong, even if it is clumsily written.  As long as it doesn't interfere with doing the job why does it matter to an employer?  I think you're really underestimating the importance of hair style to Black culture, that's why a law like this gets passed.
View Quote

Are you actually serious or trolling?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you think I’m trolling ?  What am I wrong about ?  Why should I be upset about this ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why do you think I’m trolling ?  What am I wrong about ?  Why should I be upset about this ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the (misguided & unconstitutional) purpose of forbidding a private employer from using skin color as a basis for their hiring or firing decision?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is the (misguided & unconstitutional) purpose of forbidding a private employer from using skin color as a basis for their hiring or firing decision?
View Quote

And there we have it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
...and when will this apply to public employees such as firefighters and law enforcement?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Coc 1
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top