BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then why isn't there more rampant disease spread during normal times, when EVERYONE is shoulder to shoulder at fairs, concerts, etc?
View Quote

Because were in fantasy world right now... correlation, causation,  real un-doctored statistics mean jack shit.... this shits apparently in the air.. its like playing the floor is lava game as a kid, but its the air is lava with alot of these people .. emotions and feelings are now hard science bro....
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Closing schools made no sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  It made sense to close the schools and perhaps large public gatherings as they are primary vectors for disease transmission.  Everything else, not so much.

For the greater good.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's getting harder and harder for me to see this ongoing "shutdown" as anything other than purposeful deception.

This is a longer article but worth the time it takes to read:
Governor DeWine Suppresses Data Disproving COVID-19 Policies

From the article:

View Quote

Thanks for posting that, great article.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I don't need to justify keeping schools open. You need to justify closing them.

-Kids don't get this disease. Even if they don't congregate at school, they will congregate elsewhere.
-Even if they don't congregate with ANYONE, they would just get sick again once they come back together
-The disease isn't that serious to begin with. It's not much different than the flu & pneumonia as far as symptoms or death rate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Another great article, though based out of Colorado data, it has a significant numbers of test results to show the IFR is like 0.23%.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-colorado-antibody-testing-proves-cdcs-remarkably-low-fatality-rate-coronavirus/
“If you further divide the Colorado numbers by age group, you get a 0.03% IFR for everyone (sick and healthy together) under the age of 60. Even if you include all those under 70, the IFR comes out to 0.07%.”

The whole lockdown has been a sham from the start, and the massaging of data to continue it has been nothing but a raw power grab. Fire Acton and Recall/Vote Out DeWine, with prejudice!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another great article, though based out of Colorado data, it has a significant numbers of test results to show the IFR is like 0.23%.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-colorado-antibody-testing-proves-cdcs-remarkably-low-fatality-rate-coronavirus/
"If you further divide the Colorado numbers by age group, you get a 0.03% IFR for everyone (sick and healthy together) under the age of 60. Even if you include all those under 70, the IFR comes out to 0.07%."

The whole lockdown has been a sham from the start, and the massaging of data to continue it has been nothing but a raw power grab. Fire Acton and Recall/Vote Out DeWine, with prejudice!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"If you further divide the Colorado numbers by age group, you get a 0.03% IFR for everyone (sick and healthy together) under the age of 60. Even if you include all those under 70, the IFR comes out to 0.07%."

great article. I loved the closing statement:

"Such targeted approaches would, however, require a shift away from the notion that we are all seriously threatened by the disease, which has led to levels of personal fear being strikingly mismatched to objective risk of death. Instead, the aim should be to communicate realistic levels of risk as they apply to different groups, not to reassure or frighten but to allow informed personal decisions in a setting of necessary uncertainty."

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Late on Friday night they extended the orders until July 1.

JLE
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So in short, you disregard all the facts that have been presented and are going on feels. A whole lot of what you wrote isn't true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need to justify keeping schools open. You need to justify closing them.

-Kids don't get this disease. Even if they don't congregate at school, they will congregate elsewhere.
-Even if they don't congregate with ANYONE, they would just get sick again once they come back together
-The disease isn't that serious to begin with. It's not much different than the flu & pneumonia as far as symptoms or death rate.

So in short, you disregard all the facts that have been presented and are going on feels. A whole lot of what you wrote isn't true.

If you think something I've said is not true, by all means present information to the contrary. You're the one saying schools should have closed for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard anything about an end date for the requirement to wear masks at work?
View Quote

Just say you can't breathe with a mask on due to a medical condition. You're not required to elaborate anymore than that due to HIPPA.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just say you can't breathe with a mask on due to a medical condition. You're not required to elaborate anymore than that due to HIPPA.
View Quote

My wifes employer requires proof from Dr.

I was at a local lumber store today, no employees had mask and only one customer who was very old.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was at a local lumber store today, no employees had mask and only one customer who was very old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an employer... I don’t know if I can ask that.  

Only thing I know I can ask for is a return to work slip after 2 days off sick.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife works at Whirlpool, thousands work at this plant in Greenville.

I work at a machine shop, 30 employees. No one has ever had a mask on, we check temp at entrance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADA says if the disability is not obvious the employer can ask for documentation of the individual’s disability and their need for a reasonable accommodation

JLE

PS I went the other way at my work since they changed the policy and will no longer let me wear my Batman mask.  Since I lost all the hearing in my left ear at 8 years old, I rely somewhat on lip reading to communicate precisely, so I had them allow me to put up a sign at my desk saying "To talk, please remove your mask or call me on the phone".  
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't they know most people are either ignoring social distancing and masking or think the crisis is over due to the stay at home being cancelled?

Last night at a local baseball field there was a regular game going on and the stands were packed shoulder to shoulder.

Just came from the park and there was a group of at least 50 kids, soccer team(s) maybe, all under the roof of one of the picnic shelters hanging out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]
it's like the scene at the end of the Wizard of Oz, ..when the curtain is pulled back, ...and that was weeks ago...  

...the "Plandemic" was way oversold, and hopefully a lot of sheeple have realized their livelihoods have been unnecessarily upended by tin-pot politicians and "public health officials", who drew salary and lauded about "wearing capes" as they got high in their own egotistical bubbles...   Also, the fake news media propagandists, who are activist hacks and wusses who selectively choose who to be subservient too and bark at anyone who dare point out their hypocrisy and extreme biases...

...wear a mask if you like breathing in your own CO2, harboring bacteria on your face, constant touching of hands to face because of discomfort and breathing problems, ...  

...i see few people wearing masks around here, ..i think most are starting to get it...
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't they know most people are either ignoring social distancing and masking or think the crisis is over due to the stay at home being cancelled?

Last night at a local baseball field there was a regular game going on and the stands were packed shoulder to shoulder.

Just came from the park and there was a group of at least 50 kids, soccer team(s) maybe, all under the roof of one of the picnic shelters hanging out.
View Quote

That is a perfect description of the places I go. Rural SW OH and SE IN.

No virus and no riots here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...the "Plandemic" was way oversold, and hopefully a lot of sheeple have realized their livelihoods have been unnecessarily upended by tin-pot politicians and "public health officials", who drew salary and lauded about "wearing capes" as they got high in their own egotistical bubbles...   Also, the fake news media propagandists, who are activist hacks and wusses who selectively choose who to be subservient too and bark at anyone who dare point out their hypocrisy and extreme biases...
View Quote
I don't know.  I think it all comes down to how much people trust "those who know better."  Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you.  I will say that my parents, who are great people but pretty far left politically are still too afraid to leave their apartment.  It breaks my heart to see them like that, they love to walk in the park and to go bird watching but they don't anymore.  To be fair they are in a higher risk group due to advanced age but are pretty healthy all things considered.

I try to tell them that life is getting back to normal for most people but they still think that the boogey-man is just waiting to pounce on them as soon as they are out in the world.  I think that a lot of the reason that they are so scared is that their main news sources are NPR and the lefty pundits that they follow online.  They don't get a counter to the hysteria other than me and I think that they think I'm just in denial or something.

It's just one more reason that I resent the shut down and those who foisted it upon us.  The constant fear that it caused for some is a real issue...
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know.  I think it all comes down to how much people trust "those who know better."  Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you.  I will say that my parents, who are great people but pretty far left politically are still too afraid to leave their apartment.  It breaks my heart to see them like that, they love to walk in the park and to go bird watching but they don't anymore.  To be fair they are in a higher risk group due to advanced age but are pretty healthy all things considered.

I try to tell them that life is getting back to normal for most people but they still think that the boogey-man is just waiting to pounce on them as soon as they are out in the world.  I think that a lot of the reason that they are so scared is that their main news sources are NPR and the lefty pundits that they follow online.  They don't get a counter to the hysteria other than me and I think that they think I'm just in denial or something.

It's just one more reason that I resent the shut down and those who foisted it upon us.  The constant fear that it caused for some is a real issue...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...all the "experts", who hail from the "esteemed" academic, entertainment, and political circles concentrated in the Deep Blue Swamps of NYC, DC, LA...   They've been wrong about damn near everything, ...sheep should be figuring that out by now...  the Plandemic was orchestrated to instill fear and divide, look at the overreach in deep blue cities and states, ...now we have "mask people" vs "no mask people", "karens" and petty, hypocritical authoritarians like Whitmer and Gov Blackface...   Nothing wrong with being "cautious" if you're susceptible to the virus, but hopefully the'll get a red pill to find their way out of the bubble....
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
...is Amy Acton among these...?...?

Tony Shaffer
@T_S_P_O_O_K_Y
·
43m
Kinda captures the entire falacy of the need to quarantine - as long as you are protesting the police the coronavirus will know to leave you alone - as Jesse Pinkman would say "yeah, science - bitch!"
Quote Tweet

Austin Open The Economy Petersen
@AP4Liberty
· 4h
Yes, it's a real quote.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#24]
So can anyone clarify, is it Amy says to Mikey "Jawohl mein fuhrer" when he speaks

or is it Mikey says to Amy "Jawohl mein fuhrer!" when she speaks?

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Yesterday The WHO (of all people) confirmed that transmission from asymptomatic people is "very rare."  This is coming from CNBC (not a conservative news site) reporting on a statement from The WHO.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

"From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual," Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO's emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency's Geneva headquarters. "It's very rare."
View Quote

Dr Acton:  Can we finally stop with all of this bull@#!+ now?

ETA:  To be fair it looks like they may have realized that they inadvertently revealed the wizard behind the curtain so to speak.  They put out this statement today emphasizing that "much is still unknown about transmission."  We wouldn't want people to stop being afraid of the viral boogey-man after all...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scrambles-to-clarify-comments-on-asymptomatic-coronavirus-spread-much-is-still-unknown.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#26]
COVID-19 only applies to:
- places of worship (1st amendment)
- gyms, pools, parks
- businesses the tyrants "deam" "non-essential"
- salons, spas, barbers
- elections
- protestors against unconstitutional lockdowns

COVID-19 does not apply to:
- leftist terrorists and like-minded criminals who form violent mobs, loot, burn, and desecrate:
(a) gov't buildings
(b) monuments
(c) businesses
(d) innocent people
- then the heathens make "demands" after their rampages (just like terrorists)

...wake up people!
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I found a cool website today after hearing about it on Dennis Prager's radio show:  https://flattenthefear.com/

Flatten the Fear Commercial

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't think anybody cares about the virus anymore, too busy virtue signaling about Floyd.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Noticed this morning while walking the dog that the playgrounds are now open again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Noticed this morning while walking the dog that the playgrounds are now open again.
View Quote

Almost everything can open as of today.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Almost everything can open as of today.
View Quote

Good to know, thanks. I rarely listen to the radio or watch local TV.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good to know, thanks. I rarely listen to the radio or watch local TV.
View Quote

I don't either, I get my news from GD.

Actually I check the local and state .gov sites often.

The list of venues allowed to open June 10 are:

Aquariums
Art galleries
Country clubs
Ice skating rinks
Indoor family entertainment centers
Indoor sports facilities
Laser tag facilities
Movie theaters (indoor)
Museums
Playgrounds (outdoor)
Public recreation centers
Roller skating rinks
Social clubs
Trampoline parks
Zoos
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#33]

ETA:  To be fair it looks like they may have realized that they inadvertently revealed the wizard behind the curtain so to speak.  They put out this statement today emphasizing that "much is still unknown about transmission."  We wouldn't want people to stop being afraid of the viral boogey-man after all...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scrambles-to-clarify-comments-on-asymptomatic-coronavirus-spread-much-is-still-unknown.html
View Quote

The WHO walked back after strong backlash from doomers, the like of Dr. Acton

Attachment Attached File

Link to study

The above is from the NIH, and while it is very limited in scope, it alludes to why asymptotic and/or mildly symptomatic patients are unlikely to contribute significantly to spread
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Acton resigned. Good bye and good riddance.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#36]
She's going to be Dewines chief health advisor.

So really nothing different, but I think she can dodge the current lawsuits.

(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

So nothing really changes as I see it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

At least she is giving up her dictatorial powers.
View Quote

She will probably just continue to wield her power through her very own Stepford governor.

Don't get me wrong, glad to see this regardless.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Fran is going to be upset when she finds out he likes the taste of someone else’s pie.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fran is going to be upset when she finds out he likes the taste of someone else’s pie.
View Quote

Boom goes the mic!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Acton resigned. Good bye and good riddance.
View Quote
It's been real.  Don't let the door hit yah where the good lord split yah...
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#45]
does amy acton get to keep her cape as a token of appreciation?...
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
does amy acton get to keep her cape as a token of appreciation?...
View Quote

No just the paycheck
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No just the paycheck
View Quote

And that sweet dewine dicking shes gettin ......
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No just the paycheck

Probably the other way around
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Probably the other way around
View Quote

I thought that would be the sign language person.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I thought that would be the sign language person.
View Quote

That is one angry sign language lady.  She always looks furious.
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top