Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/7/2018 10:09:54 PM EDT
Anyone know ?  I've heard both Illegal and legal between Nov and Apr.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Legal Nov. 1st through April 15th.

Link to Ohio Revised Code

ETA: Per state law, municipalities may have different laws, but they typically mirror state laws.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legal Nov. 1st through April 15th.

Link to Ohio Revised Code

ETA: Per state law, municipalities may have different laws, but they typically mirror state laws.
View Quote
Thank you very much for the reply and link to state law.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem I am having now is finding a shop that still studs tires ( Ross County area )

Apparently studded tires are a thing of the past. The tires are new and have holes pre drilled for studs.

I would do it myself but stud guns appear to be quite expensive.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Jack's tire used to do it, no clue about now.  I highly recommend R&M in Circleville, but again no clue if they stud tires, its where I've taken my cars since moving to the area.

I imagine there isn't much demand for studded tires in the area, good snowfalls are pretty rare, though I can see the desire for them if you spend time on back roads in the hill country south of Chillicothe.  Unless you have a dedicated snow car, I wouldn't be wanting to run studs on non snow covered roads most of the season.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jack's tire used to do it, no clue about now.  I highly recommend R&M in Circleville, but again no clue if they stud tires, its where I've taken my cars since moving to the area.

I imagine there isn't much demand for studded tires in the area, good snowfalls are pretty rare, though I can see the desire for them if you spend time on back roads in the hill country south of Chillicothe.  Unless you have a dedicated snow car, I wouldn't be wanting to run studs on non snow covered roads most of the season.
View Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. These are going to be dedicated snow tires / wheels for my wife. The roads aren't the problem. It's my driveway. It's a long gravel driveway. Up hill to my house and downhill to the road. It gets plowed when the snow gets heavy, but it always seems to slick off and turn to ice much of the way. It's about a 1/4 mile long driveway.  And yes, out in the boonies.

I wish there was a better way to plow snow off gravel driveways without going too deep and dragging the gravel off. I always end up with a thin layer of snow that gets packed down and gets super slick.

Worst case, I'll drive the studs in by hand. It'll take awhile. But I'm sure it's doable.

Thanks again. I'll contact both Jacks and R&M
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestions. These are going to be dedicated snow tires / wheels for my wife. The roads aren't the problem. It's my driveway. It's a long gravel driveway. Up hill to my house and downhill to the road. It gets plowed when the snow gets heavy, but it always seems to slick off and turn to ice much of the way. It's about a 1/4 mile long driveway.  And yes, out in the boonies.

I wish there was a better way to plow snow off gravel driveways without going too deep and dragging the gravel off. I always end up with a thin layer of snow that gets packed down and gets super slick.

Worst case, I'll drive the studs in by hand. It'll take awhile. But I'm sure it's doable.

Thanks again. I'll contact both Jacks and R&M
View Quote
Might be cheaper and better for the roads if you bought a set of easy-use tire chains for the drive wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/Konig-EASY-FIT-CU-9-Snow-chains/dp/B008C2GDAY

Watch the video at Amazon, they're impressive.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top