Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2009 5:36:33 PM EDT
Tomorrow is more-or-less booked but Friday isn't.

What is the best way to waste a few hours here?

I've already seen the Khrohn butterfly conservatory, drove all over the place (Mt. Adams is gorgeous....I had no idea this city was so scenic), and basically would just like a few ideas for wasting time here if an hour or two pops up in the schedule.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Come visit me in the county courthouse.  We have some gorgeous courtrooms.  I'm a bailiff.

PM inbound with my cell.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
cincinnati zoo, newport aquarium, union terminal, kings island are a few.

depends how much time and what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Jungle Jims in Fairfield is the coolest Grocery Store ever!!  Excellent wine, beer and Cigar selection!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think Jungle Jims in Fairfield is the coolest Grocery Store ever!!  Excellent wine, beer and Cigar selection!!

this

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

this

Jungle Jim's is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

this

Very much THIS

I live about 4 miles south of there and still consider it a near religious experience everytime I walk into the beer/wine area.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]
And to think I thought I was going to get flamed for suggesting a grocery store!!  I live in the Columbus Area, but I love going to that store!  The beer and wine area is larger than most bakeries or meat areas in Kroger or Meijer!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Jungle Jim's is awesome.  Don't forget to visit the bathrooms if you go.

Hofbrau Haus.  Yeah, I know its in KY, but still . . .
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jungle Jim's is awesome.  Don't forget to visit the bathrooms if you go.

Hofbrau Haus.  Yeah, I know its in KY, but still . . .

+1 I love Newport
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, don't support Jungle Jim's.  I used to go there often until I realized it is a Criminal Protection Zone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys.

This was a family trip and I didn't have a lot of time to go off exploring on my own, but here's a breakdown of the trip:

Wednesday evening, we went to Mt. Adams, to the butterfly conservatory, then ate at some snazzy fajita place. The name escapes me, but the food was great. Thursday, we went to the 'creation museum'. We had Skyline chil for lunch and Montgomery (?) Inn ribs (and chicken) for dinner that night. Wow!.

Friday, back to skyline for lunch (the chili dogs and chili cheese fries are great) then to Union Terminal to the natural history museum, then to the Cincinnati museum. The WWII exhibit was awesome. I enjoyed the whole museum, actually. That night, we ate at PappaDeaux's. I left stuffed on seafood. Saturday we drove home, after visting the murals in Covington, KY.

This was my first visit to a 'northern' city, and I was throughly impresses by how clean the city was, how easy it was to navigate (after I studied a map for a while), and just how generally nice everything was. The architecture is great. I could have spent a whole day just gazing at buildings (like the jewish temple/RCC church/city hall(?) buildings downtown). I was greatly surprised by how nice the city was overall.

I'm really surprised that I'd never heard of Cincinnati as a tourist destination before. There's a LOT to do there and I can't wait to return. I had a GREAT time.

As a bonus, saturday morning I got to sit around and listen to some WWII vets tell war stories. You can't BUY that kind of experience. I loved it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guys, don't support Jungle Jim's.  I used to go there often until I realized it is a Criminal Protection Zone.

I was there two weeks ago and I did NOT see any signs posted and I was packing  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't see any signs last Tuesday either!  I will double check next time I am in there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
glad you had a good time

next time, let me know sooner
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't see any signs last Tuesday either!  I will double check next time I am in there.

When you walk in the entrance, it is on the wall in the middle.  

I think you could say that it is not very conspicuous though
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#16]
it is my understanding that if it is not visible by the entrance, from outside the building, it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
it is my understanding that if it is not visible by the entrance, from outside the building, it doesn't count.

Basically, it is the property owner's duty to inform you that CCW is verboten.  If the owner's signs are easily missed, and you didn't see them, then how can you be expected to comply?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically, it is the property owner's duty to inform you that CCW is verboten.  If the owner's signs are easily missed, and you didn't see them, then how can you be expected to comply?

I totally understand where you are coming from, but why support a business that thinks we are gun toting maniacs?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Have you aked to talk to the owner about the sign? If they don't know how to post the sign properly they probably don't know anything about it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top