Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2008 2:02:26 PM EDT
HB450 (Armed Services 18-21 gun rights restoration) scheduled for sponsor testimony in Senate committee

The Senate Judiciary on Criminal Justice Committee, chaired by Sen. Tim Grendell (R-18), will hear proponent testimony on Rep. Bruce Goodwin's HB450, legislation that would restore gun rights to members of the armed services or the Ohio National Guard who are between the ages of 18 and 21, on Wednesday, November 19 at 10:00 a.m. in the Senate Building's North Hearing Room.

The Ohio House of Representatives passed HB450 on May 22 with a strong bi-partisan 90-3 vote.

“This is important legislation,” said Buckeye Firearms Association Chairman Jim Irvine. “We are talking about men and women who volunteered to lay their life on the line for their country and their fellow man. We trust them with the full might of the U.S. military. Surely we can trust them with a handgun when they return home from duty.”

To read the rest of the info on this important legislation please visit

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6258
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This would apply to everyone 18-21 RIGHT?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It seems to me that it would make a special class of people who are able to own/buy firearms at 18yo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]

That's true but it's a way to get our foot in the door for everyone. Also if it helps our service people I'm for it. Plus BFA has some other tricks up our sleeves.

Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems to me that it would make a special class of people who are able to own/buy firearms at 18yo.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top