Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/23/2007 3:12:59 PM EDT
Has any body dealt with the Montgomery county sheriff in getting their paper work signed off for an SBR?  If so does he sign if every thing checks out?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pardon my total N00bness...but what is "SBR"?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Call up the sheriff’s office and ask; just say I have a form 4 for a machinegun or form 1 for an NFA firearm I need his signature on, do I need to set-up an appointment or can I just drop off the paper work? Green County is no problem not sure about Montgomery.

A friend and I just got some new MGs he got 4 Macs and he lives in Beavercreek, The Greene county Sheriff told him to go to his local police department for the sign off

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR= short Barreled rifle.  
The problem is, there is some questions as to who is my CLEO.  I live in Clay Township, but Phillipsburg responds to any call in my area not Clay Township.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The problem is, there is some questions as to who is my CLEO.  I live in Clay Township, but Phillipsburg responds to any call in my area not Clay Township.

If you are positive that your plat of land is not within the Phillipsburg corporation limits but in an unincorporated area, then your CLEO is your township CoP, or the County Sheriff if you do not have a Township PD.  P-burg may be responding because they may be physically closer and there may be some sort of "mutual aid" agreement like some fire departments have.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Form a trust and to hell with the CLEO.  You shouldn't have to go through this much bullshit to make an SBR or buy a silencer.  The trust is a legitimate and legal way to obtain NFA items, so use it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top