Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 1:46:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that show is cancled. They had one for the end of Oct. that got cancled also.
I heard Tuggy`s lost thier lease to the building, so they couldn`t  lease to MVGCA
Someone told me that they are going to start having them again in the spring at the Rec center in Maumee.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what's on their website:

"We are BACK at the Lucas County Recreation Center in Maumee for three dates in 2006! These dates are the only ones available in 2006 at LCRC, but we are still working on an alternate site for additional, earlier shows.
Please stay tuned.

The 2006 dates that are scheduled are: May 13-14, September 16-17, and November 18-19."

They were booted from BG, due to a "steve and barry's sportswear" going into the space.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Tuggies/Northwood Fleamarket is no more.

Trust me, I live within a mile of the place and thought it would be cool to have agunshow almost literally in my back yard.

No gunshow this weekend. No gunshow there ever.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Trust me, I live within a mile of the place and thought it would be cool to have agunshow almost literally in my back yard.

Its about 5 miles from me.  Im right down 51.  Must be another arfcommer in the neighborhood
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its about 5 miles from me.  Im right down 51.  Must be another arfcommer in the neighborhood

Damn  I`m right down the road too. About 11 miles down on 51
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, I'm in Northwood, so I'm guessing one of you are in Genoa and the other is in Elmore?

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I assume MVGCA gave the NRA the information. I did see it in the current American Rifleman and git a good chuckle out o fit.

None of the planned shows at Northood ever went off. The place shut down a week or two before the first show.

So close.....
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK, I'm in Northwood, so I'm guessing one of you are in Genoa and the other is in Elmore?

I'm considered Genoa, just north of it a mile or 2 on 51....i would say that  Tep is Elmore
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Tep says he is in Northwood. I`m just south of Elmore on 51. We`ll have to get together and shoot one of these days. I have a range in by backyard. Even have a little Tannerite left.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Tep says he is in Northwood. I`m just south of Elmore on 51. We`ll have to get together and shoot one of these days. I have a range in by backyard. Even have a little Tannerite left.

I'm in Bowling Green, about a 1/2hr or so south of you guys.  Maybe we could have a "NW Ohio shoot" sometime?  We need a "millers" type place up here to shoot at.  I'd feel weird coming to someones private range/backyard, being that I've never met ANY of the ohio arfcommers, except "bigbore".  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You ever swing into the P.I. for a cold one??
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
[

I go there every once in awhile. Used to go up there alot years ago. You go there much?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in Bowling Green, about a 1/2hr or so south of you guys.  Maybe we could have a "NW Ohio shoot" sometime?  We need a "millers" type place up here to shoot at.  I'd feel weird coming to someones private range/backyard, being that I've never met ANY of the ohio arfcommers, except "bigbore".  

Holy crap! Small world! I work in BG......

Sounds like there's a lot of us in the same general area.

I went to school in Genoa and know Elmore pretty well, too.

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, even more scary. I know the place you're talking about.

Haven't been there in years, though.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

I go there every once in awhile. Used to go up there alot years ago. You go there much?

Once in awhile on a friday, if the girlfriend and I get bored, might swing in to a couple of toddies..
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Elmore,    here also by the park (old train station )
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Elmore,    here also by the park (old train station )

Wow another one out this way. I think we should meet up at th P.I. this friday so we can put a face on everybody. Then we can set up a shoot and have some fun. I could be up there about
5 to 5:30 on Friday if anyone else wants to .
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm up for it.  I can be there 5-530 no problem.  Whaddya say tep and 50bmg???
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]
IM IN
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Ohio madman57 you are a member at the sportsmans club now right? why not set up an informal shoot some sat. afternoon there arent any scheduled events for quite a while. and you are allowed guests.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ohio madman57 you are a member at the sportsmans club now right? why not set up an informal shoot some sat. afternoon there arent any scheduled events for quite a while. and you are allowed guests.

Yes I am a member there, a very new one. I haven`t had a chance to get out there and shoot yet and not sure how many guests I am allowed to take.  How many guests can I take? I think I know who 50bmg is and if I  am right he is a member there too. We will have to talk about this friday over a beer at the P.I. You should stop by and  have a cold one too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds OK to me, but I probably can't get ther until 5:45 or so. (I'd be comming out of BG)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:00:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am a member there, a very new one. I haven`t had a chance to get out there and shoot yet and not sure how many guests I am allowed to take.  How many guests can I take? I think I know who 50bmg is and if I  am right he is a member there too. We will have to talk about this friday over a beer at the P.I. You should stop by and  have a cold one too.

Are you guys talking about Sandusky?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, the Sandusky County Sportsmen Club. It`s just east of Gibsonburg.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry about the P.I.  I cant make it. But if you get a date figured out for the range let me know and I can bring out my AR10 and pass it around. Are you still trying to find 7.62x39?  There isnt any limit on the amount of guests at S.C.S.C.  I would reccomend that if you do set up something use range commands like cease fire , range hot and range clear. on the short covered range there is a small box with the range rules in it . It would be a good Idea to have a saftey breifing before firing . They really dont care much what you do out there as long as you clean up after you are done. I will be out there sunday teaching a basic pistol course .  If you want to stop by and say Hi.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sorry about the P.I.  I cant make it. But if you get a date figured out for the range let me know and I can bring out my AR10 and pass it around. Are you still trying to find 7.62x39?  There isnt any limit on the amount of guests at S.C.S.C.  I would reccomend that if you do set up something use range commands like cease fire , range hot and range clear. on the short covered range there is a small box with the range rules in it . It would be a good Idea to have a saftey breifing before firing . They really dont care much what you do out there as long as you clean up after you are done. I will be out there sunday teaching a basic pistol course .  If you want to stop by and say Hi.

I'm interested in checking out S.C.S.C.  I'll read the rules and learn the range commands, as I've never been to a range that has a R.O. /range commands.  It won't be a problem, as I'm very safety conscious while shooting anyway.  Are cleared chamber/safety flags required there?

Another question:  What are the "centerfire rifle" matches like?  I see that non-members can come to a match, so I might check it out sometime.  I'm sure I won't do very well, but I'll probobly have fun and learn something in the process.    
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#28]
There is no RSO for open range time just scheduled events. chamber flags are not required there but arent a bad Idea either I use them from time to time. If there is anyone interested in membership I will be at the club Sunday the 18 th and can get you an application. We are an open membership club.  Some clubs restrict membership to some agreed upon number of members and you have to wait to get in. Not us First year $150.oo every year after that $50.oo and the place is often under utilized.  The centerfire rifle match is fun all of the targets are out at 265 yards. Steel targets of various shapes and sizes.  All scheduled events are open to the public. 3D bow course , trap , Cowboy Action shooting , SKS-AK-M1carbine & pistol caliber shoots , Centerfire rifle matches , .22cal rimfire silouete matches , Military Rifle Matches (used to qualify people for CMP) And a free Junior program. There has even been some talk about bringing IDPA or IPSIC to the club.  We have a 265yard &100 yard range A65 yard range and a 500 yard range under construction as well as a 125yard cowboy town with multible stages. The only thing that is closed to members is Hunting but I think 1 guest is permitted. and Clubhouse rental. I rented the Clubhouse for my sisters reception party.  Hunter saftey courses are also open to the Public.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I too belong to Sandusky County Sportsmans Club, Great place to shoot, I can't wait until they finally get the 500 yard range open.

Worth every penny, matter of fact, I need to mail in my dues.

Scott Cousino
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#30]
RRA-A2, are you going to make it to the P.I.  on Friday? So far Grey Goose,50bmg,and tep0583
are going to be there as well as myself. I hope you can stop by.
 Hopefully we can set up a shoot out at the club, but it will proabley have to be after the holidays.
But they will go by fast. I will be up there about 5:00 and will be wearing some sort of AK-47 shirt.
So when you all see me come up and introduce yourself. See ya !
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
RRA-A2, are you going to make it to the P.I.  on Friday? So far Grey Goose,50bmg,and tep0583
are going to be there as well as myself. I hope you can stop by.
 Hopefully we can set up a shoot out at the club, but it will proabley have to be after the holidays.
But they will go by fast. I will be up there about 5:00 and will be wearing some sort of AK-47 shirt.
So when you all see me come up and introduce yourself. See ya !

I have to work...

I'm hoping to make it down to millers for a shoot in january (if there will be one)...

Where is the "P.I." anyways?  And how often do you guys go there?  Maybe I can stop by sometime when I'm not working...  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I have to work...hoping
Where is the "P.I." anyways?  And how often do you guys go there?  Maybe I can stop by sometime when I'm not working...  
Sorry you can not make it RRA. The PI is al little bar n Elmore Ohio. This is the first time we are meeting up there. I have not been up there in months.  It is a friendly little local yocal bar.

Hey Scott you should stop by , as well as anybody else who wants to. Have a beer or two and shoot the sh*t.  With all the good packing snow we got today I made a 7ft tall snow man in front of my backstop that I might have to blow up with some tannerite.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I will have on a red baseball style hat, with the words alaskan brewing co. on the front.  see you all there at 500 to 530
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Wally,

I would but I will be getting ready to go down to Miller's for the Before Christmas Shoot on Saturday.

Next time you guys meet up let me know.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Ah, funny you should mention that, I just joined there too.

Impressive place. My old man used to shoot muzzleloader there years ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#36]

+1 for NW ohio group shoot.

West of Toledo here.  Need a good place close by.  Anyone have xx acres and some $$ to start a club?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
+1 for NW ohio group shoot.

West of Toledo here.  Need a good place close by.  Anyone have xx acres and some $$ to start a club?

+2

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey guys any of you have an a4 or car 4 upper for sale. Need one bad
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top