Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:08:51 AM EDT
I just volunteered for a 2 week tour in MS. We'll see if they take me...  ODNR is sending a group down there tonight or tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
What about "non-skilled" people?  I don't have any background in LEO or EMS type stuff.  Are they asking for help from the general public?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to Baton Rouge sometime between tomorrow and Tues with Wackenhut Security. Hopefully, I'll not get eaten by a 10ft Croc!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am going to Baton Rouge sometime between tomorrow and Tues with Wackenhut Security. Hopefully, I'll not get eaten by a 10ft Croc!

Yea now we're heading to Baton Rouge too.  I have to be in Columbus 0800 tomorrow...  I'll be back 2 weeks later.  a BIG thanks to Steve @ ADCO for hooking me up with a much needed item!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
not only no........but hell no. I did enough of that "disaster recovery" shit during  hurricane HUGO and ANDREW, and figthing a fuckin' forest fire in the middle of fuckin' nowhere,  that I don't need to be  volunteering to go to that mess.........if you have never done any hurricane disaster recovery, you have no fuckin' clue what you are geting yourself into. good luck is all I can say, I'll watch that shit from the comfort of my home on TV.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
We had a request for our Special Response Unit (SWAT) but I think it is a long shot the Chief will send us. But our boss sent it up the food chain so we'll see. We sent only 2 guys to NYC during 9-11 so who knows...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I'm back already.    We rescued 14 and another 40-50 turned us down.  It's worse than what you see on TV, and in the same breath it's not as bad either.  I expected the area to be leveled, it was not.  We stayed 40 miles away at a church in Reserve, LA.  

It was a surreal experience.  As we were driving into the city on Tuesday we saw countless helos and several fires going strong.  It reminded us of the images of a war-torn city in the middle east.   We had 4 thugs dressed in all black tactical teddy outfits come into our perimiter on Tusday, they were looters who must have found a gun store or surplus store.  They were wearing shoulder holsters and had black face masks tucked into their back pockets.    I saw some weird shit down there.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top