Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:29:45 AM EDT
WTF? It's gone, did AR15.com and Bulletfest Split ways???

Scott
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I heard, Campy threw a tantrum over something and quit ar15.com, so I would imagine the forum for BF came down as a result of it. He quit gunsnet too, I'd think he'll be running out of gun forums pretty soon.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF? It's gone, did AR15.com and Bulletfest Split ways???

Scott

Bob left the site around the first of the year for personal reasons. bulletfest was and is the sole creation of campybob and is in no way affiliated with this website. the bulletfest forum was a courtesy granted by the owners of this site. with bob no longer here, the forum was removed during the recent site update. I know i speak for many here when I say that campy is missed by many. mmk

+ 1

Dedicated BulletFest Forum Board:
http://www.bulletfest.net/forum/default.asp

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update Slash, just joined

Scott
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
looks like mini fest date is not set, and BF will no longer be at blacks, after some of what went down there..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Regardless of wether Bob is on this site or not, the BF forum should still be here.  

For many members it's" THE EVENT " of the year.

For the forum to be removed is to say to the members here " Your get togethers  arn't important unless we (ARFcom) put them on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Regardless of wether Bob is on this site or not, the BF forum should still be here.  

For the forum to be removed is to say to the members here " Your get togethers  arn't important unless we (ARFcom) put them on.

It's always been that way.  Ever notice how much time/effort/$$$$$ ARFCOM put into the 'Texas Homecoming Shoots' (Gunstock)?  
Aside from the BF forum, I don't know of anything ARFCOM did to support BulletFest.  AFAIK, not one member of senior staff even made an appearance at BF this year.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
looks like mini fest date is not set, and BF will no longer be at blacks, after some of what went down there..

WTF is Thor/Swager's deal?  Seems like he has a hard-on for the host every year after BF.  Last year Snode's were made out to be no-good SOBs, now it's that same with the Blacks.  

FWIW, I thought that things went pretty well this year, aside from the fires.  I doubt that the Blacks have much experience in putting on a show of that magnitude, why not give them a chance to improve things next year?  Hell, there's always going to be a problem or two, but everyone I know when home from BF safe and grinning ear-to-ear.

I fear that BF is going to run out of possible sites if the 'slash and burn' campaign continues.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Slash,

I don't think you had arrived yet when Jack Black's Kid was doing donuts in the sand/dirt with his four wheeler and coating the camping area with a huge sand storm on Friday, and flying around the shooting line area on his four wheeler kicking up rocks/dust, being a general pain in the ass.

Also Jack was to create fire breaks in front and behind both lines and he just kinda disappeared and the job didn't get done.

Just two of the things I know of.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's always been that way.  Ever notice how much time/effort/$$$$$ ARFCOM put into the 'Texas Homecoming Shoots' (Gunstock)?  
Aside from the BF forum, I don't know of anything ARFCOM did to support BulletFest.  AFAIK, not one member of senior staff even made an appearance at BF this year.

That's not true. I personally hung out with Helldog40 and Lorie.

I cant speak about this years BF but I know in 2004 alot of arfcomers volunteered to be RO's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh that's right, I forgot about HD40s 'promotion' - But I said Senior Staff, not Staff.
Unless you know something that I don't know, my point still stands that ARF has done little to support BF.  

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant speak about this years BF but I know in 2004 alot of arfcomers volunteered to be RO's.

I wasn't referring to the rank and file ARFCOM members, but to the actual site/business.

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
For now at least, BF is next year, and Gunstock is coming soon.

Musta missed the 4 wheeler action when walking the left side line...

That happened on Thursday, I forget that Bulletfest is Friday/Saturday, most shoots are Sat/Sun, so that threw off my internal calender .

Scott
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I helped set the lines and even ro'ed at BulletFest.
I took vacation time from work to help out Campy that week of the shoot. We just couldn't get Jack Black to get away from his booze or get him in gear to get everything done before the shoot . Let alone the things that were required during the two days the shoot was going on. So the blame falls on the back of Jack , not anyone else!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was removed in Bob's absence.  A lot of the things in the forum were questions for him, with him being gone and not able to answer it kind of made it difficult.  It remained up until after this years event.

So he gone. As i seem to recall everyones questions got answered anyway. Besides there were several good pix posted after the shoot that we can no longer see.  That is what realy sucks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ahh that's right, I forgot about HD40s 'promotion' - But I said Senior Staff, not Staff.
Unless you know something that I don't know, my point still stands that ARF has done little to support BF.  

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

So Sr. Staff at the time was Avila's, Kevin, Eric, and Striker.

Avila's -moving- Juan had just moved, and IIRC Ed Sr actually moved on the weekend of BF.
Kevin is in Florida and as far as I know he does not travel.(I have never seen him at an event)
Eric was not there for personal reasons.
Striker...Well they wouldn't let him across the border.

Me?  Well I wasn't Sr Staff...yet  Although I almost came, I had looked into booking tickets but, was travelling the week before BF and the day I was to return TRG was scheduled to come to WA.  Just too many irons in the fire.  I hope this settles some things for you.

FWIW - I will seriously try to make it next year.

Supporting an event such as Bulletfest is MORE than showing up. As I said before if it's not an "ARFcom" event it isn't important to the staff/owners of this site.
Save your money and stay in Wa. next year.  We won't miss you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Save your money and stay in Wa. next year.  We won't miss you.

For crying out loud Paul go smoke a cig or something
ya grouchy redheaded old koot
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top