Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 9:28:48 AM EDT
If Sen. Kerry obtained all the proper hunting licenses and permits for his "hunt" this past week.

That would be interesting to know...........
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It was widely reported that he did.  Now, I gotta wonder what kind of land owner would allow this guy to use his field?

some kind of idiot
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was widely reported that he did.  Now, I gotta wonder what kind of land owner would allow this guy to use his field?

I want to know what kind of an asshole gets their picture taken "hunting" with him? Best part, he's just carrying the damn birds for the Asshole Candidate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the info I've been able to find from various news story that wasn't the official AP drivel:

www.business-journal.com/KerryHunts.asp
www.vindy.com/featured/281729931457887.php

Kerry bought an Ohio hunting license Saturday in Pike County and said he planned to hunt in the state.

Kerry hunted geese today at the Molnar farm (Rick and Jill Molnar) in Springfield Township with U.S. Rep. Ted Strickland of Lisbon, D-6th, Cull said.

The hunt's location was disclosed to the press this morning at the Holiday Inn in Boardman, where Kerry spent Wednesday night.

The actual hunt was off-limits to the news media -- too much noise would scare off the geese, reporters were told -- but Kerry and his hunting party walked past reporters and photographers when they returned from the cornfield around 9 a.m.

Kerry announced that everyone in his hunting party killed a goose but he didn’t carry his back. Someone else did “because it was too heavy, and I was too lazy,” he joked.

Kerry was accompanied by U.S. Rep. Ted Strickland (D-Ohio 6th), who told newspaper pool reporter David Skolnick of The Vindicator that he never hunted geese before, and hadn’t hunted any kind of animal for 30 years.

The politicians were joined by Neal Brady, a Hocking County resident and state park ranger, and Bob Bellino, the Molnar’s neighbor and a board member for the local Ducks Unlimited club, which promotes the conservation and restoration of waterfowl habitats. Bellino brought his yellow Labrador, Woodstock, or “Woody,” as the dog was introduced to the presidential candidate.

Bellino has hunted on the Molnar farm for 15 years and loaned Kerry the Beretta 12-gauge over/under shotgun he used this morning. He approached the Molnars on Sunday and “asked if we would be interested” in hosting the hunting party, Molnar told The Business Journal. “We said sure. We knew was a good location.”

Not just for hunting -- the cornfield where Kerry hunted has a one acre lake that geese and ducks flock to -- but also for security, he explained. Kerry’s advance team and the Secret Service found the cornfield layout to be private and safe, Molnar elaborated. “They worked very well with us -- there was no hassle.”

Molnar, a Democrat and Kerry supporter, said he hopes Kerry pays attention to farm issues if he’s elected president. He said the candidate’s visit to his farm on Western Reserve Road was “a media event to some degree but Kerry wanted time without the press.”

The Molnars farm cash grains, wheat and soybeans on 700 acres in Springfield Township. They also operate the Molnar Farms market -- their strawberries draw connoisseurs from throughout the Mahoning Valley -- where they sell a wide variety of homegrown fruits and vegetables.

The goose that Kerry killed will be shipped to Teresa Heinz Kerry’s Rosemont Farm in the Pittsburgh suburb of Fox Chapel where it will be consumed sometime after the Nov. 2 election, campaign staffers said.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]

The goose that Kerry killed will be shipped to Teresa Heinz Kerry’s Rosemont Farm in the Pittsburgh suburb of Fox Chapel where it will be consumed sometime after the Nov. 2 election, campaign staffers said.

I bet...

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
-- but Kerry and his hunting party walked past reporters and photographers when they returned from the cornfield around 9 a.m.

How convenient.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Kerry announced that everyone in his hunting party killed a goose but he didn’t carry his back. Someone else did “because it was too heavy, and I was too lazy,” he joked.

So how does he plan on shouldering the weight of being POTUS? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...................
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top