Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:22:13 AM EDT
this coming Wednesday. Tickets available at the Republican office this morning(Sat).

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My updated information is that there will be a rally at the fairgrounds. (Gates closed & locked at 3pm)

out!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They are releasing 800 more tickets today at 1:30, at the Rep HQ.

I want to go, but I can't get off work two days in a row.

If anyone is going and can pick up an extra ticket for me, I'll buy you a beer (or Dietsch's!)

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Pres. Bush is due again Thursday mornung across street at Hara Arena again, this time 9am.

Last visit was in May, but lunchtime. We had to block our lot a couple hrs early (10:30), but if he coming at 9am, I wonder if we be able to make it in here to work?  

Secret Service not been to visit us yet, but big green presidential type helicopter rattled our roof yesterday, circled Hara afew times, headed to Main/Turner, circled and flew off.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
News from Findlay:  The staff for GW is here!!!!!  I saw the huge Republican bus heading to the fairgrounds at appx 12:30P  .  

Can't wait to see GW!  

Findlay's Finest Callgirl
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
A BIG thank-you to Hessian-1 and callgirl429 for getting me a ticket.

I really appreciate you going out of your way to help me.  See y'all tomorrow!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A BIG thank-you to Hessian-1 and callgirl429 for getting me a ticket.

I really appreciate you going out of your way to help me.  See y'all tomorrow!

Don't mention it, "we're here to help."

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, He came here, and at least I heard him.

I got off work early and rushed back to Findlay. I got to the fair grounds around 2:45 and rushed up[ to the gate with my ticket. I was talking to my wife,(who had been there since 11:00 & had saved me a seat) via cell phone.I was stopped dead in my tracks at the screening tent. I then proceeded to wait for hours as I watched the crowd get bigger (and more frustrated) as they  watched the secret service tear down the screening devices one at a time.  Many people ask what was going on but the deputies had no answers. Meanwhile the crowd got more and more agitated as the deputies & secret service formed a line(as if we were going to rush them or something. Someone asked if we could at least hear what was going on through the fairgrounds PA system. I forwarded that request to an officer who rushed off to try and make it happen. As it was a small group of us gathered around a vender with a "boombox" that was carrying the speech.  I and others were very disapointed. After I post this I am going to the Republican office to see what the hell went wrong and voice my displeasure. From what I was hearing in the crowd this might cost some votes we can ill afford to lose!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
man that sucks....  My brother was in the area and said he saw AF1 at the airport... can anyone verify this?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes AF1 did fly into Findlay Airport. I did see the motorcade come into the fairgrounds

I went up to the republican hqs to find out about the screwup this afternoon at the rally.  As I was discussing the fact with the volunteer that about 1-2 thousand supporters with tickets failed to get in and if there was anybody I could talk to about "damage control," the mayor came in.

We were all three discussing this and I told them I had whitnessed some "very frustrated people" when two of the disgruntled people came in. They were very upset & alluded that they might be voting for skerry after this. While we were dealing with this more people came in with the same problem. There was a lot of explaining going on when a couple of "party officials" came in and then went into an office and closed the door. The questions were mounting and I was having trouble answering them so I told everyone to hold on and  "I will find the answers."

I knocked on the door, excused my self and said "What are we going to do about this situation, I got people out here that say they're voting for kerry because of it?"  Someone said that's crap or something like that; but I told him it didn't matter if it was crap or not, we just lost a vote and we need to find a way to make this guy happy. Then the fellow asked me if I thought a "priority ticket" to the toledo rally would help. I went out to the guy, a 74 YO korea war vet, told him I was going to get him "right up front" and he smiled from ear to ear.  When he left he was happy. I spent the next half hour or so doing damage control
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you ever find out what caused the issue in the first place?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow that sucks.
The idea that someone would vote for Kerry, is just crazy, though.
Do they think Bush personally blocked them from entering?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do they think Bush personally blocked them from entering?

Well of course they believe that....he masterminded the war for oil, and personally oversaw the torture of iraqi babies and the looting of high-explosives to kill our teenage soldiers with, didn't he!?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, He came here, and at least I heard him.

I got off work early and rushed back to Findlay. I got to the fair grounds around 2:45 and rushed up[ to the gate with my ticket. I was talking to my wife,(who had been there since 11:00 & had saved me a seat) via cell phone.I was stopped dead in my tracks at the screening tent. I then proceeded to wait for hours as I watched the crowd get bigger (and more frustrated) as they  watched the secret service tear down the screening devices one at a time.  Many people ask what was going on but the deputies had no answers. Meanwhile the crowd got more and more agitated as the deputies & secret service formed a line(as if we were going to rush them or something. Someone asked if we could at least hear what was going on through the fairgrounds PA system. I forwarded that request to an officer who rushed off to try and make it happen. As it was a small group of us gathered around a vender with a "boombox" that was carrying the speech.  I and others were very disapointed. After I post this I am going to the Republican office to see what the hell went wrong and voice my displeasure. From what I was hearing in the crowd this might cost some votes we can ill afford to lose!

Hessian-1out!

+1

I didn't get in either.

I (and a  few other good Americans) did have a rather lively and colorful discussion with a couple of the lefty losers standing outside the gate.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Hessian - 1 , did I see you on the news tonight????
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hessian - 1 , did I see you on the news tonight????

Yep! That was me in all my "hairy" glory. (Callgirl says she's going to divorce me if I don't get a haircut soon) I'm going through my second childhood(you know, grow your hair long, don't shave, buy as many "toys" as you can, etc.) I positioned myself nearby the WLIO reporter and cameraman after hearing the reporter saying she needed another "male perspective."  They edited out my comments about skerry reminding me of a "used car salesman" with a bad habit and the fact that I thought that a lot of democrats were jumping ship to vote for Bush in spite of media coverage.

By the way, Bush is at the Seagate Center tomorrow(Friday) See Doug at Findlay Republican  Hqs. Tell him Dave said to "hook you up" if he can.
(BTW they got more Bush signs in)

Later

Hessian-1out!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top