Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:55:26 PM EDT
So far we have myself, mmsig229 and Eddie the"Engineer" confirmed. We set it up on a Sunday this time beacause Smudge, myself and possibly Shotar will be going to the Conneaut D-Day reinactment on Saturday. Start time is as usual around noon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
IF I get  everything accomplished that I need to do in the AM I'll try to make G.R. for an hour or so of lead slingin'. Can't make the food frenzy afterwards tho...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll probably be there in the mid-afternoon if the weather remains decent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there to show you novices how it's done...What a perfect way to start my vacation...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll be there to show you novices how it's done...What a perfect way to start my vacation...

Show us what? How to shoot low and to the left? Or just how to shoot puppies?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show us what? How to shoot low and to the left? Or just how to shoot puppies?

It's "High and to the left" where Bro. mmsig229 is concerned. I think I can cure him. It's only a matter of time
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
i wish i could go, but i'll be in StL for a wedding this weekend :(
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Smart alecs....At least I don't shoot the target holders to pieces!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:20:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll check with Bro. Sid and see if I can attend.

A little on the 'short notice' side, eh Bro. Capitalist?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll check with Bro. Sid and see if I can attend.

A little on the 'short notice' side, eh Bro. Capitalist?  

Blame Bro mmsig229. It was his idea
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there! Oh, wait a minute, I have to be therehe
HEY, NO SHOOTING THE WIRES!!

Also, be prepared to answer newbie questions on things like good, cheap 5.56 ammo supplies (55gr vs. 62 gr bullets), AR 15 Mags, etc. I like Bushmaster's attitude on coming right back with all the pre-ban dressing on the AR and am thinking of taking the plunge. And to think, I'm an M1A/FAL kinda guy. Oh well, at least my gun safe will have another resident.

Oh yeah, all war wagons will be subject to inspection.

I look forward to seeing you.

Groucho
Your friendly (quit laughing) range master
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll be there! Oh, wait a minute, I have to be there Look forward to seeing y'all. By the way, if you have any cardboard around at least 23 x25" or larger, bring it. we're hurting for that to build our target stands. No, the state does not supply us.  We have to beg, borrow or .....I'll admit nothing on the internet.

HEY, NO SHOOTING THE WIRES!!

Also, be prepared to answer newbie questions on things like good, cheap 5.56 ammo supplies (55gr vs. 62 gr bullets), AR 15 Mags, etc. I like Bushmaster's attitude on coming right back with all the pre-ban dressing on the AR and am thinking of taking the plunge. And to think, I'm an M1A/FAL kinda guy. Oh well, at least my gun safe will have another resident.

Oh yeah, all war wagons will be subject to inspection.

I look forward to seeing you.

Groucho
Your friendly (quit laughing) range master

Last time we shot, I hit the target stand three times and I didn't aim for it either. The whole thing broke in half
I look forward to throwing some lead Sunday. If I were you I'd be looking for a flat top AR. You never know when you'll want to change optics in the future. Eddie(Engineer) is the guy to talk to (he's the guy with the small Battle Wagon). He should be able to answer any of your firearms questions. I'm bringing my Battle Wagon also. Last time I brought I headed to the range with just my stuff on it. I noticed on the way back to the truck everybody had piled thier stuff on too. It sure beats the old drywall bucket method.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, that's assuming we still have a range. All day today (Friday) I watched the back stop erode thanks to all the $^%#  ^%$#@ rain! Looks like Monday and Tuesday are gonna be back breaking work days again!

Yeah, If I get an AR 15, it will probably be the Bushy A3. The handle comes off and I can mound a scope or holo-sight. The eyes aren't what they used to be. I hate getting old. I hate the alternative even more.

Groucho
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
You're gonna have to try Smudge's ACOG, Groucho - a "Donut of Death" never looked so good.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
click..click..click...click..click....that's me loading mags.......
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll probably be there around 2:30ish - but I'm gonna spend time on the kiddie range and the 50-yard range to sight in rifles.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Another good time was had by all...The weather was perfect!!!!!Me, Bro Capitalist, Bro Rolf, Engineer, Guncrazy 223, Rick's dad, and another Rick from Akron, all spit lead for about 3 1/2 hours. Capitalist managed not to shoot the target holders for a change, and the only safety violation was pointed out on my bench. I left a loaded staple gun pointing downrange. This was pointed out by our friendly RO Groucho. He and Bob kept us all in check and as usual provide a safe, friendly apmosphere. It was a pleasure meeting Rick's dad who is a gentleman. Rick Jr also provided a free seminar on the new CCW rules at the feeding frenzy after at no charge. We'll have to do it again before the snow flies...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally got all of my rifles cleaned. Also managed to get my Tapco POS "self-collapsing" stock fixed - I'm sure Guncrazy will be happy to hear that. So how was the feeding frenzy? Anybody lose a rib to Capitalist?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, that's assuming we still have a range. All day today (Friday) I watched the back stop erode thanks to all the $^%#  ^%$#@ rain! Looks like Monday and Tuesday are gonna be back breaking work days again!

Yeah, If I get an AR 15, it will probably be the Bushy A3. The handle comes off and I can mound a scope or holo-sight. The eyes aren't what they used to be. I hate getting old. I hate the alternative even more.

Groucho

Send me an e-mail sometime and we can focus on serious AR discussions instead of mmsig229's poor comprehension of the basic safety rules with the haphazard handling of his staple gun.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Surprisingly Capitalist didn't devour his usual full slab of ribs with all the fixings. Instead he ordered surf and turf. I was disappointed. I like to hear his stripping every morsil of pork off those poor ribs and the slurping of BBQ sauce. Someone did hide his chair though when he went to the mens room. Yes, my kids are squeaky clean also. As a final treat I  wiped their stocks down with orange glo citrus cleaner. They were allowed to stay up past their bed time ant watch Mail Call, and Tales of The Gun with Lucky, the assault Labador....Glad you got your stock fixed, your reputation as a master gunsmith was taking a beating..PS...Ask Capitalist about his new feeding spot.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I spent the day helpin my sister and brother-in-law move from Cleveland to North Ridgeville.  All I have to show for it is a sore back...

I'd rather have been slingin' lead with you guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Send me an e-mail sometime and we can focus on serious AR discussions instead of mmsig229's poor comprehension of the basic safety rules with the haphazard handling of his staple gun.
hr

Between that staple gun incident and somebody elses' oversized war wagon it was a trying day! Well, that and putting 90 people through the range.

Based solely on your assurance that there will be ample supplies of top quality, low cost ammo and magazines, I have started my savings plan to pick up a Bushy with a 20" barrel. Might take me awhile, but I've got the itch and there's only one way to handle it.

Groucho
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top