Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 12:02:09 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone here was a member of OhioCCW.org.  If so, do you think it's worth it.  Is this the only CCW org that's out there for Ohio?  How much influence do they actually have with the process?  

Figured I'd ask before considering joining.  If they're trustworthy and effective, I'll support them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not a member, but they definately have their finger on the pulse of the CCW effort in Ohio.  They are apparently part of the lawsuit which is currently under review by the Ohio Supreme Court (along with the Second Amendment Foundation).  I've used their website to send e-mails to my legislators, not to mention stay informed.  
Edit to say "Dangeresuqe 2:  This time it's not Dangeresque 1"
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
my legislators, not to mention stay informed.  
Edit to say "Dangeresuqe 2:  This time it's not Dangeresque 1"

I love that man.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I'm a member, yes they are worth it! They are fighting for our CCW rights! Why isn't everyone who shoots and lives in Ohio not a member. Quit sitting on your asse's and wallets and pony up and be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes I'm a member, yes they are worth it! They are fighting for our CCW rights! Why isn't everyone who shoots and lives in Ohio not a member. Quit sitting on your asse's and wallets and pony up and be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down

I hadn't heard about them till the other day when I saw their address on a bumper sticker.  I never join an orginization before I research it first.  I'm hearing some good things about them, so I'll probably "pony up" very soon.  They might even get me to violate my "no bumper stickers" rule.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry man, didn't mean to come across so harshly. I just get tired of letharic gunowners around me. Got three where I work, will not join the NRA or any other Org. It really burns my biscuits!!! I've even paid for peoples first year in the NRA before.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been a member of OFCC for about three years now.  It's a fine organization with some really well-informed members.

Join their mailing lists too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Ohioans for Concealed Carry is their real name.  OFCC is the group behind the ohioccw.org website.  It can also be accessed at ofcc.net  EVERYBODY should join.  I have for a few years now.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top