Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2019 5:08:01 PM EDT
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-18/homeless-poll-government-solutions-ineffective

Link
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
When you have these kinds of projects/articles, it's hard for anyone but the blindest/most corrupt politicians to pretend they are effectively approaching the "homeless" issue.

https://la.curbed.com/2019/10/24/20927147/west-la-veterans-affairs-homeless-housing

Even the El Segundo Times is going to have to sniff the reality at some point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
24.3 million for 59 housing units.  Roughly 400,000 a unit.  Yep, there's wonderful use of money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-18/homeless-poll-government-solutions-ineffective

Link
View Quote
They are repopulating with illegals who are almost guaranteed to vote one way, being Democrat, not to mention they reproduce at higher rates then the domestic American and Americanized Population, so you are almost guaranteed to triple your potential voters in 18 years with those that have Anchor Babies. It's what happened to Orange County where I'm from. It went from like 15-20% in the 90's to present day in the 2010s to over 50% of the population correlating to Orange County going Blue for the first time. So why in the hell would the State and Local Democrats who control the Major Population Centers where most of the homeless are located give a shit? They've been prioritizing illegals over the homeless for the last 2-3 decades in favor of a more voter friendly populace to the DNC. California literally needs to crack down on the illegal problem or all is lost, and with  Millions fleeing, it is certainly almost guaranteed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
^ yep, OC was like the promise land of CA back in the 90s. Now it's some good areas encroached by 3rd world ghettos.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That is typical.  The money ends up going to the croney friends and family members of the corrupt politicians, who are awarded the contracts to build the housing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  California literally needs to crack down on the illegal problem or all is lost, and with  Millions fleeing, it is certainly almost guaranteed.
View Quote
LOL!  You're not serious, are you?

It is over out here.  We have a single party government with no real, near-term opportunity to ever correct that situation.

North Carolina is #2 on our list of places to move when we retire.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL!  You're not serious, are you?

It is over out here.  We have a single party government with no real, near-term opportunity to ever correct that situation.

North Carolina is #2 on our list of places to move when we retire.
View Quote
Not completely over, not advocating civil war or nothing, but that is literally the only option left for California. OC is my Home and WILL ALWAYS BE HOME to me, specifically Anaheim, which has become a 3rd World Ghetto. Like I said though, its not completely lost, but the only option left is a violent uprising against the State, which I'm not advocating, but something has to give with those in power there, and that is probably the only way it would change, which is unfortunate. They have literally imported a demographic that has literally replaced the native population with in two short decades, and have solidified their voter base for decades to come. But at what point do you draw that line in the sand as My buddy at my LGS, told me that I pretty much survived Communism, and asked me at what point would I consider a line too far by the Authoritarian Tyrants in Power in CA. I told him that line was crossed twenty years ago when they began to let illegals in, en mass, and began letting them reap Social Welfare Benefits, at the cost of taxpayers like us. Once again not advocating Civil War, or Violence, just stating there is only way back at this point outside of a literal fucking miracle from God Himself. Once AGAIN NOT ADVOCATING VIOLENCE, just stating the obvious, CA has been replaced with a foreign populace that is purely beneficial to one party, and will be for decades to come.

And if you come to NC, because I'm in NC everyday, and have property there, although I live across the border in TN, please don't bring anyone whose going to vote Left. Been seeing more and more Californians where I'm at in NC, and as much as I like my fellow CA Brothers and Sisters, It does make me nervous, with some of their track records when it comes to voting. IM me if you want some information on where I'm at in NC/TN, which you probably can kind of guess by now, but it's extremely cheap out here, and so is buying, even cheaper and better in TN.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Tennessee is on the list, too.

I have a triangular area marked out in eastern Tennessee which I am considering.

Left-wing vote coming from us = zero
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
To be fair, I'd bet one could easily find all kinds of ways Californians would find their tax money being misspent.  Any state for that matter.  We just have 5th biggest economy in the world levels of money to piss away.  And do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top