Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2018 10:24:06 PM EDT
I may have several extended work stays in San Pedro this summer. I would like to take a pistol with me.

Should I expect any shenanigans if I choose to take something that is CA-legal like a Shield 9? Locked case and all. Following all applicable TSA suggestions.

I usually fly in and out of Long Beach airport.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The last time I flew back into CA I had no problems.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You’ll be fine, same as flying anywhere else.

Just make sure when you’re here to follow all the laws in terms of transporting a pistol and don’t carry it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
No issues flying into San Diego. Very smooth, only an extra 10-15 minutes total. (didn't ask to open my case or even unzip my luggage when I departed)
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Flying into California is the same as anywhere else, well except for NYC.

To transport it via motor vehicle it must be unloaded and kept in a locked container, ammunition separate.  A locked container does not include a glove box or center console.  But it does mean a trunk, assuming you can't access it via the passenger compartment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flying into California is the same as anywhere else, well except for NYC.

To transport it via motor vehicle it must be unloaded and kept in a locked container, ammunition separate.  A locked container does not include a glove box or center console.  But it does mean a trunk, assuming you can't access it via the passenger compartment.
View Quote
A soft case is also a locked container.

The ammo can be stored with the firearm, but not touching it.  Anything between the two prevents the two from touching, like foam
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]
No mags over ten rounds. No threaded muzzles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top