Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 1:57:16 PM EDT
Anyone have a good dealer in the Bay Area that can handle an out of state transfer?  I solld a pistol to a guy in that area on GB and his dealer told him that while he only charges $35 for transfers, OOS transfers cost $125.

Anyone have someone reliable I can point this guy towards?

TIA
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in the Bay Area?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where in the Bay Area?  

he just told me "SF Bay Area" I don't have an exact address.

I used to live in Montara and work in Foster City; I have a good idea of the geographic range of the term "Bay Area"
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in the Bay Area?  

I used to live in Montara and work in Foster City; I have a good idea of the geographic range of the term "Bay Area"

The cheapest I have found is in Vacaville at Afana's Knives.  He was about $65, including DROS.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in the Bay Area?  

LOL I am the buyer of said Pistol.

I live in HMB and work in Montara.  Small world.

Imbert and Smithers wants $125.  Am trying City Arms, and High Bridge Arms tomorrow..
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in the Bay Area?  

Imbert and Smithers wants $125.  Am trying City Arms, and High Bridge Arms tomorrow..

City Arms used to be DROS + $45.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
45 sounds a lot more reasonable and fair than 125

Will call them tomorrow

Thanks

Jason
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

45 sounds a lot more reasonable and fair than 125

Will call them tomorrow

Thanks

Jason

Like I said, USED to be.  That was a couple years ago.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Very small world.

When I lived in Montara (the 90's) there wouldn't have been too many places to work. I think the largest employer would have been the Chart House.

Clearly you just need to open a gun shop iin HMB.   Don't think there are too many anywhere on the PCH  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an update City Arms in Pacifica was "full" and unwilling to accept another transfer.  There Pleasant Hill location would do it at the cost of $75 plus an additional $25 for registration.

Dam I hate this state.  So broke they have to run up the price on everything.

J
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just an update City Arms in Pacifica was "full" and unwilling to accept another transfer.  There Pleasant Hill location would do it at the cost of $75 plus an additional $25 for registration.

Dam I hate this state.  So broke they have to run up the price on everything.

J

Damn.  It's a haul for you, but Toro Arms in Woodland was only $50 for a transfer, including DROS when I used them last year.  But hell, you'd eat up the difference in fuel.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top