Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:02:32 PM EDT
well somone wants to trade me this for doing some serious work on his car. i think im gonna take it

its unfired, he mounted the scope and never took it out...  im getting excited.

what are peoples general thoughts on the R93s?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Overall, it's a good rifle... I tested one at a LEO demo and it ran great all day without issue.  If you're used to short-action bolt rifle... the bolt movement  may feel funny to you.  It's on rails and slide back... no rotation in the action.  The only thing I like about it, it's a real short action... shorter than my Winchester 70.

While we only shot at targets out to the 100yd line, it was putting everything into 1MOA easy.

~nb
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
i got to handle one at a gunshop last month and it felt odd. but this is a decent price... almost to the point it would be a crime to pass it up.  the motion of the bolt handle itself was the wierdest part, specificly when it pivoted back. i guess i can get used to it.

this would be my first scoped "bolt" rifle. i used to own a 375HH mag but i only shot it open sights... and that was rare due to the cost of ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top